Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unable to load libmySQL.dll

Posted by lestrajj 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Unable to load libmySQL.dll
July 15, 2007 10:07AM
I keep on getting this error.Anyone familiar with this problem. I'm running Delphi 7 and MySQL 3.23(As stated in the book).
Re: Unable to load libmySQL.dll
July 19, 2007 08:21AM
Am also having the same problem. I spoke the lecturers and was told to use a password when i create the database in mysqlcc. It does not work. I think this is going to be one very late ass for me(ass06).
July 19, 2007 09:23AM
I am having the same problem also
July 19, 2007 04:15PM
I have been able to access libmysql.dll. Check if the database u need to access is available in mysqlcc and connected, and also that in delphi u have selected that same database in sqlconnection. hope this helps. That was my prob.
Anonymous User
July 19, 2007 10:53PM
still not working, this sucks
July 20, 2007 03:35PM
Make sure you include the entire path ex. c:\mysql\bin\LIBMYSQL.dll at the properties pane
Anonymous User
August 23, 2007 12:41PM
First check the path where libmySQL.dll is placed using serach feature in the explorer. Then write the entire path. In my case it is

c:\Program Files\mysqlcc\libmySQL.dll

Hope this will fix your problem
June 22, 2008 08:06PM
Where did you guys get the control Centre software? It wasn't on my Delphi 7 disk - I got another Gui. Although there are many links to download it, they take you to the developer's website where it isn't so much as mentioned. Clearly it used to be there and isn't any more.

And I also can't get libmySQL.dll to work. However my friend did, and with MySql 5.0 so clearly its possible. He put the driver in the c:\windows\windows32 folder. It didn't work for me, but perhaps it will work for others.

Another suggestion was to try it in the projects folder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login