Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ass 4 Qu2

Posted by VeerVortex 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Ass 4 Qu2
July 04, 2007 01:34PM
Do they wamt me to still include Employee as a base class in this question.

Looking at the constructor for SalariedEmployee class, i c it mentions the base class member variables 'name', 'ssn' ect.

Am i now siupposed to ignore those, since the question seems to be telling me to start off with SalariedEmployee as a base class??

Thax
Re: Ass 4 Qu2
July 10, 2007 06:40AM
hi

I too am a little confused about the way to approach this, but heres my 2 cents worth.

I started as using SalariedEmployee as the base class, thats how I read the question. However I ended up having to change more than just the constructors, e.g the member function print_check would make little sense without a name, etc. but you should be able to use it as SalariedEmployee does represent a differentiated employee. This left me with the option of adding more member variables and functions to SalariedEmployee, but this changes the class and we aren't really using the class mentioned in the question.

I am leaning towards including Employee as the base class, using SalariedEmployee as it is in Savitch and deriving Administrator from SalariedEmployee (making it a grandchild of Employee)

Enjoy your day
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login