Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I cancelled assignment 2 in error *sigh*

Posted by Nick 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
I cancelled assignment 2 in error *sigh*
April 20, 2007 12:17PM
Hi, I just did a stupid thing, I submitted assignment 2 online, then spotted a mistake in it and wanted to resubmit it corrected, so I cancelled it thinking I could just re-upload it.

It seems this must be done manually by the department and takes 2 days.

I phoned 0861 670 411 for help and was instructed to email the assignment to assign@unisa.ac.za instead.

Is this the correct procedure? If not, I'd rather just have the original assignment marked with the mistake than not at all.
Re: I cancelled assignment 2 in error *sigh*
April 24, 2007 03:24PM
nICK ACCORDING TO WHAT i KNOW, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EMAIL YOUR ASSIGNMENTS, ESPECIALLY cos111-u. WHAT i DID WAS i SENT A LETTER ASKING FOR AN EXTENSION ON THE DUE DATE. i THINK THAT WOULD HAVE DONE YOU BETTER.
yOU NEED TO CHECK IF YOUR ASSIGNMENT WAS RECEIVED OR NOT, BUT i DON'T THINK IT WAS.
tRY ASKING THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO'VE DONE THIS COURSE BEFORE AND i'M SURE THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU. gOOD LUCK

lATER thumbs up smiley

E-mail: m26435@yahoo.co.uk
Cell no: 078-415-5547
Course: BSc Computer Science and Information Technology - Software Engineering Stream
Modules: COS111-U, INF120-8, INF105-9, STS105-5, CSS101-H, CEM101-A
Re: I cancelled assignment 2 in error *sigh*
May 02, 2007 12:48PM
"YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EMAIL YOUR ASSIGNMENTS, ESPECIALLY cos111-u."

Well their helpdesk TOLD me to email it, so I have to trust that that is what I was supposed to do.

I don't understand why they have to manually delete the file, it is easy enough to do programatically, I've done such web applications where users can upload, delete, re-upload files etc, it really isn't rocket science.

Anyway, I've contacted the department and they say it shouldn't be a problem. But yeah, I've learnt my lol, don't cancel assignments on the day they are due hehe...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login