Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PHP as a BSc subject

Posted by dianne 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
PHP as a BSc subject
July 03, 2007 09:03AM
This is really for the lecturer/leader of the course.

I am doing a BSc in Information Systems and Software Engineering. Although the standard subjects in the module are good, my real interests lie with PHP, MySQL and web infrastructure rather than all this "corporate IT" from the 90's!

Are there any modules of my BSc that I could swop for something in your field?

Regards
Mac
Re: PHP as a BSc subject
July 11, 2007 09:21PM
Nope. Ours is a certifcate course that has nothing to do with the more formal modules.....sorry. That the web is the future I have no doubt. That your course adds to your (web) future I do not doubt either. It's complimentary.

With your background, you could probably figure your way towards the web? Programming transcends languages. Our course just softens the introduction.... You're welcome to phone me for more info. Contact details on Osprey staff page - there is only one mac smiling smiley Note only at office on Mon and Fri until I finish this ..whatver.. other degree of mine...
Re: PHP as a BSc subject
July 12, 2007 10:28AM
Thanks Mac,

I did notice you on the social cafe but I wasn't sure. I have some good books on PHP so I manage, and I try to talk clients out of anything beyond my abilities. But a lot is more trial and error. The C++ programming is helping, but finding time for PHP amongst the BSc courses is difficult - having it as a subject would give some structure and discipline to my learning.

However it's nice to know you are there - when I come across things I can't handle, I can subcontract smile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login