Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Enjoying??

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Enjoying??
March 28, 2007 04:51PM
Are you enjoying the course thus far? Forget about the snags (such as installing XAMPP because you think our tut letter needs refining - while we think you should read your tut letters more diligently smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

If this course was all about copy and paste, you'd be learning nothing! What book or manual would be useful if it follows such a convention??

Just a reminder that we are read all your posts, but want you to help one another before we jump in. Your struggles, from your perspectuve, are part of the learning process, and everybody (even us!) benefit from your interactions. Also read the previous semesters posts!!!

The novel approach on refreshing a page (you did read it??) was particularly interesting to me. There are many ways to skin a cat (btw I love cats), but the thinking I saw there is what PHP is all about. One can arrive at the same result in various ways, and logic is what it is all about. It's knowing how to code your logic that requires training and experience. Of course, with time you will learn much more about about programming with PHP what is better, faster etc etc.

An OO approach to programming is the ultimate, but for now, small steps!
April 02, 2007 04:12AM
Hi, Mac.

I agree with you when you say:"If this course was all about copy and paste, you'd be learning nothing! What book or manual would be useful if it follows such a convention?? "

I am glad that I registered for this course. I have learned a lot already and look forward to learning more.

"Small steps." you say. when I do a quick review of what I have learned so far, I feel like I have taken Giant Leaps!!

Thanks for a Great course!!!

A Successful Nature Inspires Other People...
Re: Enjoying??
April 15, 2007 05:44PM
Dedicated the weekend to catching up and revising previous lessons. I am finding that i can now write some code ( more than one line ) at a time without having to check the book - or have 20 parser errors !

Its becoming really exciting and hours seem to fly by. I also find it good to try do more than just the lesson , adding as much custom bits to the pages as possible from past lessons. Takes a while for me for all the commands and syntax to sink it, so i repeat them as much as possible !

A major thing i have learnt is that you have to do some code each day else you forget. Doing a bit each day keeps you going and u begin to really enjoy it.

Mac , what course would u recommend to do after this one ? Had any good feedback from any others ?

Loving it.
J
Mac
Re: Enjoying??
April 16, 2007 07:43AM
No other course to recommend - perhaps we will offer an advanced course in the near future. However, with basic sckills nothing stops you from working through the rest of the recommended book to learn more advanced skills
May 02, 2007 05:30AM
Having finished Lesson 6, I am enjoying more.

I somehow feel as though the real lesson on PHP and its power has just started.

Most of us go through life in a big "wheel-spin" (A phrase coined to mean doing a lot of things that do not add value). Doing this course is like finding something that you can use in life to stop "wheel-spinning".

The possibilities are endless.

I am still glad I decided to register for it.

How does the rest of the class feel?

Cheers!

A Successful Nature Inspires Other People...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login