Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

assignment 1 results

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
assignment 1 results
June 26, 2007 04:34PM
anyone else also receive their results and just get full marks? Also just got 100% for cos405 - weird cause its the same lecturer....
Re: assignment 1 results
June 29, 2007 11:03AM
yep - they often do that at later levels... if you submit and you look like you are working and grasping the work you get the credits...

which is not a bad idea.
Anonymous User
July 02, 2007 02:48PM
the problem is when you can see the marker just went tick tick tick and when you compare your answers to the model solutions its clear that you didn't have a clue. Some markers mark really well and give comments but many don't...
July 03, 2007 01:04PM
yep... i've seen that before too... they are supposed to mark and comment (my wife was a marker for a while). if they don't then you should be able to complain to the lecturers.
Anonymous User
November 12, 2007 02:29PM
today I fionally got my marked assignment 1 back - with comments and what seems to be model answers smiling smiley
December 02, 2007 09:31PM
It's now December, and I've still received no model solutions to assignments 2 and onwards. Has anyone else?
Anonymous User
December 04, 2007 09:40AM
nope, I haven't got anything since assignment 1 sad smiley I am going to the post office today so if I get anythign else, I will let you know.
December 04, 2007 01:11PM
I also haven't received anything since assignment 1.

This is my first year at Unisa - can anyone tell me how to get hold of past papers?
Anonymous User
December 04, 2007 02:07PM
they usually send us one past paper - but thats abotu all you will get. We are not allowed to take papers out of the exam hall, so people generlaly don't have other old papers
December 04, 2007 02:55PM
Oh that's bad news. Thank you.
December 08, 2007 04:12PM
This was published on myunisa a few days ago, in case you've not noticed it:

Dear COS460H Student,

By now you should have started your preparation for the January 2008 examination in all earnest.

Here are a few last points regarding the examination paper:

It is a three hour closed book examination worth 100 marks.

It consists of 8 questions of which questions 1-6 are compulsory and any one of questions 7 or 8 should be answered.

It covers the study material as set out in tutorial letter COS460H/101/2007: Chapters 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 of your textbook.

The types of questions include, but are not limited to, short, long, and essay type questions on the theory, algorithms, and applications covered in the above chapters.

In your preparation please make sure that you know and understand the technical and formal details in order to be able to answer the theoretical and technical questions.

You should also have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the broader trends and topics covered in the study material in order to answer essay type questions.

General remarks:

Unisa students write only one examination and no tests under controlled conditions. It would, therefore, be pedagogically wrong to exclude fragments of the work for examination purposes. All the material should be prepared for the examination in order to get the full benefit of the module.

The purpose of the assignments is primarily to assist the student in pacing himself/herself through the study material.

The assignments are not a reflection of what is to be expected in the examination.

Answer the questions at hand concisely and precisely, and do not omit essential details. I can mark only what I see in your examination script.

Do not present material that has no bearing on the essence of the question.

Under NO circumstances make your own simplifying assumptions to water down a question or to avoid important integral issues unless the question formulation explicitly allows/requests you to do so.

Use ONLY STANDARD NOTATION – any other notation will be ignored.

Work hard and enjoy your studies – it is a privilege!

Regards,

Professor Laurette Pretorius

December 2007.
December 08, 2007 04:13PM
Apparently, assignment 2 was returned on 2007-09-03, while assignments 3-5 were returned on 2007-11-07 (a full month ago) - has anyone received anything beyond assignment 1?
December 10, 2007 03:53PM
Nope, haven't received any assignment except the first one.
Anonymous User
December 11, 2007 09:47AM
those returned dates are just dates the lecturer sent the assignment section - to give us all 100%
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login