Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems getting onto the unisa site today

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Problems getting onto the unisa site today
August 07, 2006 11:52AM
Hi guys,

I am experiencing problems handing in my assignment today which is the deadline – I normally hand it in a day or two before but did not anticipate any problems.

I can't seem to find my courses displayed on the unisa site. When I go in through the assignments link I get the following error

OraOLEDB error '80004005'
ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
/Shared/Conn.asp, line 11

I am not sure if anyone else is receiving this problem and am concerned since the site is only supposed to be down for maintenance from the 18 august. What happens if I cannot hand in my assignment today?

What happens if i hand it in tomorrow - will i be penalized? I did email the lecturers but no reply..

Thank you

- Jesse
Mel
Re: Problems getting onto the unisa site today
August 07, 2006 11:56AM
I don't think you'll be penalised Jesse. In the tut letters they say that they are notified if there is a problem with myUNISA and they do make allowances.
Anonymous User
August 07, 2006 02:03PM
I guess I am a bit of a stressball and want everything to be perfect.

I did get a response from unisa that they are aware of the problem and i wont be penalised that i must keep trying the site and see if i can at some point hand it in smiling smiley

thanks for replying
- jesse
Anonymous User
August 07, 2006 02:45PM
its workign again
avatar Re: Problems getting onto the unisa site today
August 07, 2006 05:16PM
I seriously doubt they will penalize you anyway, ive been in that scenario a few times over the years they always mark it anyway winking smiley
Anonymous User
August 08, 2006 09:19AM
thanks,

managed to hand it in at about 4 yesterday...i seriously stress about things like this...
smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login