Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many assignments are you waiting for?

Posted by stevenv 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: How many assignments are you waiting for?
August 07, 2006 10:28AM
I have submitted 10 assignments and waiting for 6 back! Earliest was way back in May and latest was 4th august! I hope I can get at least some of them before I am done with the exams and with the degree at that!
August 09, 2006 08:58PM
I've sent in 10, received a sufficient feedback on 1, and 3 returned with a standard note 'no markers have been appointed to... so xx credits are given .... '
so what now?

Will I write on my exam paper: "no effort was made to study, but you can assume that, if I studied, I would get at least a full 75%. Thank you."

What an example they make.

wjanssens
Mel
August 10, 2006 08:45AM
Hahaha, that's a very good point, maybe we should all try that!
Anonymous User
August 10, 2006 12:28PM
wow, are people getting notes saying no markers have been assigned?? I am horrified - I have never received anything like that - although, Ia m sure that is what happened with some of my assignments when I was undergrad...
avatar Re: How many assignments are you waiting for?
August 10, 2006 01:47PM
LOL! I think they really need to just stop being so profit driven and hire some more staff or something. It's one thing trying to cut costs and keep expenses as low as possible... but when it starts interfering with other ppl, they must wake up to the fact that it needs to be done. And sooner rather than later.

-Valkeye
avatar Re: How many assignments are you waiting for?
August 10, 2006 07:03PM
Well for my third assignment for COS221, There were 5 questions: q 1,2 and 3 added up to 20 credits, and q 5 was 50 credits. Question 4 was a bonus question for 10 credits that could be attempted if you thought you needed extra credits but the total credits for the assignment could not exceed 70.

That said, I only needed 10 credits and I was up for a challenge so I only did Q5 (the one for 50 credits). Well blow me down if I didn't get 70 credits for the assignment. I have yet to get my assignment sheet back again to see where I got the extra credits from. HAHA
Anonymous User
August 11, 2006 10:01AM
*cackle*
August 14, 2006 01:21PM
LOL! I also need such luck.
Have received most of my assignments so far. Only a few outstanding.
TvD
August 19, 2006 09:49PM
Posted by: robanaurochs (vc-196-207-32-38.3g.vodacom.co.za) Grand Master Contributor
Date: August 10, 2006 07:03PM

Well for my third assignment for COS221, There were 5 questions: q 1,2 and 3 added up to 20 credits, and q 5 was 50 credits. Question 4 was a bonus question for 10 credits that could be attempted if you thought you needed extra credits but the total credits for the assignment could not exceed 70.

That said, I only needed 10 credits and I was up for a challenge so I only did Q5 (the one for 50 credits). Well blow me down if I didn't get 70 credits for the assignment. I have yet to get my assignment sheet back again to see where I got the extra credits from. HAHA

================>

mmm don't you know it is bad karma (as in 'a concept of transcendental retribution'winking smiley to post where the cos221 lecturer can read about your
good fortune - I think I must adjust the 70 down to 50 then (but I won't as explained below)

The reason for your good fortune is because we (the academic department) are still receiving A03's that were received by the admin department on the 1st of July. Because there is no possible way in which these assignments can be marked before the exam admissions are determined this weekend all A03's got maximum credits - but your returned assignment will have the actual mark out of 70 as well.

TvD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login