Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many assignments are you waiting for?

Posted by stevenv 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
How many assignments are you waiting for?
July 13, 2006 07:45PM
I'm sure we're all aware of the delays being encountered at the assignments department this year but I was just wondering what kind of numbers of assignments people are waiting for. Personally, I have seven waiting for marks for, some are quite recent but one of which dates back to 24 May.

So how many assignments are you waiting for?
avatar Re: How many assignments are you waiting for?
July 13, 2006 11:14PM
wow.. that's quite a wait. I'm waiting on 4. But my earliest was only due 3 weeks ago.

-Valkeye
July 14, 2006 12:20AM
I am waiting for 8 assignments, the earliest is one that was due today and the latest one that was due 15 May (COS211-X), whose last assignment (waiting for 2 results) is due tomorrow. And, of course, I need to do it as I can't assume that I've obtained enought credits with no 2 & 3. Sigh....

But, it helps to know that we are all waiting together ....

Have anyone thought that this might be a scheme from the lecturers to get us all to actually doing all the assignments and have less people repeat the subjects next year because we went through most of the work before exams??? Just asking ....
July 14, 2006 08:02AM
Im only waiting on one or two I think, The marking actually seems faster this year then last year (last year was horribly slow). It still isn't fast enough/as fast as it was when i was in first and second year but its definately not quite as slow as last year tongue sticking out smiley
Re: How many assignments are you waiting for?
July 14, 2006 09:02AM
I'm awaiting 3 assignments. The earliest was due on Tuesday and the latest on 13 June. The worst part is that they are all MCQ and should have been marked within a week of the due date.
July 14, 2006 03:05PM
I am waiting for 4 and find it actually very frusrating. Knowing my results good or bad keeps me going and this time I am not motivated at all. Does any one know the implcations for cancelling module/s?
July 14, 2006 03:36PM
If they are full year modules and you cancel before a certain date you get refunded on some of the money. Can't remember what the date is the information is available on there site though all you have to do is go look...
July 14, 2006 04:00PM
On the Unisa website at:

http://www.unisa.ac.za/default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=7577

they only refer to semester modules.
But 2nd semester modules can be cancelled by 30 Aug and still get some refund.

Year modules might be handled as 2nd semester modules, remember that I cancelled once before, that was at the end of the year just before exams, and I got some money back.
July 14, 2006 10:44PM
Thanks.
though I had read this it was not really clear whether I would actually get a refund for the year modules.
Reanie ,do the courses appear on your record at all and how? I hope it wil not make the transcript look too bad?
July 15, 2006 12:30AM
This is how my record appears on my.unisa (x's added for a bit of privacy):

Exam date Study unit Description Mark Result
xx-xx-xxxx COSxxxx COMPUTER SCIENCE xxx 0 Cancelled

And I see the exam date is listed for May of that year? I am assuming that's the date that I've cancelled? But I really thought it was later in the year.
July 15, 2006 11:02AM
This is really helpful thanks. I think my mind is made up now to cancel on three modules, better that and starting afresh than failing.
Anonymous User
July 17, 2006 10:41AM
still waiting for 5 assignments - I think the earliest one was due a month ago....
July 17, 2006 11:41AM
I'm still waiting for 6... sad smiley
July 18, 2006 07:25AM
Waiting for 06, very discouraging.I also feel like cancelling.
July 18, 2006 08:15AM
Waitng for 6. I've got enough credits for most of my subjects, so I'm not too stressed although it is a little frustrating.
One thing is for sure, I'm glad I'm not working at the Computer School trying to handle the back log of assignments.

I've a question for the guys who have been going at this for a few years. - How long does it take for the exam results to be posted? I only registered in March this year and would not like to make the same mistake next year. Obviously you need the previous years results to register for the next years modules, right?
AndreB
Anonymous User
July 18, 2006 09:19AM
July 18, 2006 09:21AM
If history serves correctly full year\second semester exam results usually come out on or around my birthday. So you are looking at around 15th december or so (usually a few days earlier).
Anonymous User
July 18, 2006 12:39PM
Hi

The end of year results are out before 15 december and the july ones before the 15 july - from what I can recall. I don't think its worth de-registering if you are not getting results back for assignments. They will get there - assignment stuff always takes longer than exam things.
July 18, 2006 05:57PM
Thanks for the feed back guys/gals
Around 15 December it is then.
Cheers,
AndreB
July 22, 2006 03:50PM
I'm not sure how mnay I'm waiting for...but the two I'd like to see my marks in are not out yet!
And those are the two where I might struggle to get admission sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login