Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MyUnisa sucks

Posted by visnaicker 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
April 29, 2006 02:08PM
or the 's' could be written differently, I have not come closer in my life to using this other letter. I have never used it before.

because I cannot log in I clicked on the forgotten your password link and I get :
The student number you submitted may be wrong. Please check and try again. If you are sure you entered the correct student number and still receive this error message, you will have to join as a myUnisa user again (this is a result of the new login procedure).

which I did , and I get :

Student number: 3536xxxx. You have already joined myUnisa. If you forgot your password please click on the appropriate link on the navigation menu (I forgot my password).

Are they getting kickbacks from Telkom ? I am certain of my password, even windows autocomplete agrees with me, my student number is correct. So I tried requesting a password, I am told to koin myunisa again, when I try this I am told I can't join as am am already joined . I have assignments to submit, I need to get in.

I cannot read or undersstand myUnisa's forums and the whole structure of ucks. In the begginning of the year, I asked for notifications when items are ready in the download folders, but only received 2 alerts on Jan 14. I have received no alerts of assignment marks being ready.

This really sucks.
April 30, 2006 09:25AM
I had this very same error about a week or two ago. Just send an email to bugmaster@unisa.ac.za and someone will fix it for you.

The lady that phoned me was very sweet and helpful but completely confused as to what was causing the problem. She said the techies were also confused.

Good luck. With luck, we won't have myUNISA for much longer.
May 01, 2006 07:05PM
I wonder who designed myUnisa ?
Probably not proudly South African.
May 01, 2006 07:08PM
No, it's a customisation of the open source Sekai system. (spelling might be wrong)
May 07, 2006 04:50PM
Who (big names) uses it? (Sekai) (will google)
Re: MyUnisa sucks
May 07, 2006 06:47PM
i have found myUNisa to be very slow and heavy, and the user interface, link names etc very unintuative.
as a COS major, this is an example for me how NOT to build a portal. pity. maybe they can still fix things, after all its only been active a few months.
Mac
May 09, 2006 11:49AM
http://sakaiproject.org/

Why are you using myUnsia forums?
May 24, 2006 09:15AM
If you are still having password problems, try contacting Mr van der Merwe at @#$%&

I had problems trying to get my password for the discussion forums... he helped me.

Hope this helps.

Admin note. The Unisa firewall saw the requests for new passwords as Spam. This has been fixed now so you should be able to request passwords.
May 26, 2006 01:54PM
The most irritating part of MyUnisa is the fact that it doesn't show the file size of stuff you can download.
May 28, 2006 07:07PM
and pdf files are opened directly in IE, instead of an option where you can click and say save as ... and let the download manager manage a 2MB file over dial up.
May 28, 2006 10:42PM
You actually use IE? ;/
Mac
May 30, 2006 05:16PM
Visnaicker - I don't get this - no material for SOC should be available for download from myUnisa - except CEM101 - since the School does not use myUnisa for upload of material??? In any event - right click the download link and select "save as..." to download to your HDD. Assuming the link is a normal download link directly to the said file. BTW, register on Osprey to receive uploaded material by email if that is easier for you
May 30, 2006 05:46PM
mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> receive uploaded material by email if that is easier for you

not sure is i'm alone in this - i get fat messages with no attachments when they send stuff.

May 31, 2006 07:33AM
Shocking that anybody uses IE. There are much better and safer browsers out there - like Firefox or Opera.

Devesh
Mac
May 31, 2006 07:49AM
Moshe - can you please forward me the message you get to @#$%&. Does this happen to other people as well?
May 31, 2006 08:11AM
Mac - would love to, in order to get this sorted out, but i dont have any of them at the moment in my inbox (or deleted!).

I'm doing COS, so its usually those emails that come thru funny, although i have had some short text email from COS301 etc that were fine
Mel
May 31, 2006 08:34AM
I also get these long messages with nothing attached! I've forwarded one to you Mac.
Mac
May 31, 2006 11:44AM
Thanks melanie - received your mail.

Which email clients are you and moshe using, since it looks like the problem likely lies with the client you use since the attachment is there (in the gibberish text you receive). This text is the attachment which was encoded so that it can be send by email. It needs to be decoded on your side, which it is not doing.
May 31, 2006 11:47AM
Outlook 2002 Pro SP3 here, on Windows XP Pro SP2.
Mel
May 31, 2006 12:43PM
Outlook 2000 Pro and XP Pro (also SP2).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login