Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dissapointed with Unisa

Posted by 33487081 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Dissapointed with Unisa
April 15, 2006 07:52PM
You betcha...
Registered online, all went well except my subjects were supposed to be NDP subjects to allow me to do an honours, months later i get a mail telling me because i was registered for datametrics and the subjects i registered for arn't part of that my registration hasn't been processed - but of course the payment wen't through. So more faxes etc later now mid april I'm sudenly registered - still no tuts received though i can get the basics on myUnisa - but the discussion forum etc there doesn't seem to work - + there are discrepancies between due dates between the tut letters (for the same subject) trying to email/phone the prof - live in hope but frowning, suddenly have two assignments due in two weeks in 3rd level philosophy, what joy...

Andre SC
Re: Disapointed with Unisa
May 17, 2006 03:16PM
I hope I am not late in the contribution list AND I dont know whether this UNISA's fault or somebody else's. So here is the short sweet story read on ...

I am from Kenya and registered with UNISA affiliate center here in NOVEMBER. From January I started following my registration and was told to be cool and avoid panic - I even have an email sent around April assuring me to wait !

I finally got a confirmation through email of my registration - ON 2nd OF MAY. the first assignment WAS DUE on 24th of April and the rest were coming through 10th of May. UNTIL NOW AM STILL WAITING POSTAGE MATERIAL FROM UNISA -never mind I have managed to submit 3 of the 5 assignments though late.

Of the 7 emails I sent to my lecturers only 2 got replied -one with stern WARNING about submission of assignment 1 - WHAT IS GOING ON !

I am a new student - really great welcome from a great university !
June 02, 2006 11:13AM
lol - guess what I finally received in the post this week... Services and Procedures!
avatar Re: Dissapointed with Unisa
June 06, 2006 08:29AM
LOL, so now you "know" how to register, who to phone for what etc. etc...
HAHAHAHAHAHA. smiling bouncing smiley
June 12, 2006 11:15AM
well, I'll add my flame to this fire...

i haven't got some of my first assignments back that i handed in months ago! some of my first assignments dont even reflect on myUnisa!
The telephone service, as mentioned above is non-existent. I feel like a fool admitting, but I waited on hold, on a long distance call for over 15 minutes!! still no-one answered! I hung up and wrote them a very polite email, to which I still haven't received an answer! (I did ask questions that needed to be answered)

My opinion is they (whoever they is) all sit in the staff room, burn our assignments in the fire place for a cosy winter, all while boasting how many frustrated students emails they've deleted.

Yep. I'm utterly disappointed with the service I've received in these later years. I did consider expressing my frustration through the correct channels, say a complaints department (if they have one), but I sincerely don't believe it would be read or taken into consideration.

i can only hope unisa improves, as i still have a few years left here.
Mel
June 12, 2006 04:16PM
Does anyone know what the outcome of the SRC elections was? I'm not even sure of their purpose... What exactly do they do for us?
Anonymous User
June 13, 2006 02:32PM
they waste our money?

I don't know about the elections - usually throw away the nomination and voting form.

They are supposed to look after our rights as students... if you have an issue with the university etc you are supposed to be able to go to them and voice your complaints and they are supposed to look after you. Much like political parties/government I believe.....
Mel
June 14, 2006 08:36AM
In theory, yes, but our SRC? Do they do anything at all?
Anonymous User
June 14, 2006 11:12AM
other than waste our money? don't recall ever having something done for me since 1998...
June 14, 2006 09:34PM
Haha I have enver ever heard of an SRC anywhere ever doing anything for anyone, they are basically just for show/to waste our money...

Much like the real goverment come to think of it
June 15, 2006 11:13AM
Well... that's a whole new thread.. I mean forum on it's own smiling smiley

-Valkeye
June 15, 2006 11:58AM
lol - we could call it "Politics and Religion" and have daily flame wars!
June 15, 2006 12:11PM
I think that they'd have to upgrade the UNISA servers to handle the extra traffic. smiling smiley

-Valkeye
July 05, 2006 02:38PM
I'm also wondering what is going on! UNISA used to be the BEST(well nearly) when it came to customer care!

Now you can call if you want, but there is no guarantee that any body will answer. Did any of you receive your assignments back? sad smiley

You haven't failed until you give up! Until then anything is possible
July 05, 2006 03:17PM
That's one valid point... The assignments and stuff I've had no real problems with.. But the phone service!! Wow.. it's like completely random as to whether anyone will actually answer!

-Valkeye
Anonymous User
July 05, 2006 05:29PM
Hi, I have received some assignments back, butpost grad stuff is later than undergrad..
July 06, 2006 08:50AM
Is it... That's not too cool. Are they trying to impress all the newbies like me, but once we hooked into the degree, kinda forget about us smiling smiley... Hopefully not. Maybe just very busy.... Or the assignments take more time to mark. I can imagine that your work is quite a lot harder than all my "Introduction to ..." subjects smiling smiley

-Valkeye
Anonymous User
July 06, 2006 11:48AM
oh.. no.. postgrad year only starts in march or april I think.. so your first assignment is due in march and the last lot only in october, so I have received all my first assignments back - its just that we won't receive things as early as undergrad cause the years work differently
July 06, 2006 11:51AM
Oh OK... strange system.. I'm sure it has it's merrits though.

-Valkeye
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login