Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Freewebhosting problem

Posted by 50638459_Leolee 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Freewebhosting problem
August 12, 2013 01:09PM
Good day Prof Mac,

I seem to be having a problem with the freewebhosting site. It seems my account has been deleted, but I have been checking it a lot since it said at least 1 minimum hit per month. So I opened a new one but in the registration process there is no option for freeoda, so I selected 6te.net. But now I cannot go to my site, it says forbidden. I am lost here because before I failed this module, I could see my website. I did upload my assignment one in the a directory I created called ICT2613, just like before in semester 1. But now I seem to be having a problem whereby when I try to view my website it says forbidden. Please advice...
Mac
Re: Freewebhosting problem
August 12, 2013 01:40PM
Remember to address your question in general - you ask me no-one else may answer and they may have experienced what you did.

As is stands, I cannot answer this as I do not know the reason - I have no control over this site. So le us hope someone has experienced this issue.

That said, you do not say when you get the error.
August 12, 2013 02:07PM
Oh never mind, I found the problem. Was having problems with my internet.
August 23, 2013 05:02AM
Hey Leolee
I experienced the same problem that you had about error said "forbiden". You seemed solved yours. Im using explorer 10 and server 6te.net. Any suggestion?

I thank you.
Tandie
September 25, 2013 11:32AM
I experience problem with my site too. When I try to visit it, it says page not found. I use freetzi so I want to know that it is possible to create new one but with different url because freetzi is no longer available on freewebhostingarea?
September 25, 2013 12:02PM
Im having problems with my site too freetzi.com, i can't access my site and i can't upload another one URL. i do not know what to do now help me please confused smiley
Mac
September 25, 2013 12:58PM
If you are gong to create another site then email the new URL only.
September 27, 2013 07:44AM
Dear All

To tho se who cannot access their sites, this is the link I always login to access my site.
http://6te.freewebhostingarea.com/
my site is still available. Hope this helps.

Regards,

D
September 30, 2013 01:22PM
Hi Mac

My site was available until today when I check its been removed. Does this mean assignment 1 is marked? Must I create a site somewhere?

Regards,

D
Mac
September 30, 2013 01:34PM
I cannot delete it..... read the submission document on the next step. However, we have already emailed those people who submitted a URL and whose sites were not available.
September 30, 2013 02:02PM
Hi Mac

When I type my site address it does come up including the code window but the physical page where I uploaded my index and code documents it is no longer available. So my site is still running, the only thing I cant log into it.

D
Mac
September 30, 2013 02:08PM
As said, if there was a problem, I would have emailed you.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.