Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Other IDE for PHP

Posted by 77843835AlexB 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
February 07, 2013 08:57AM
For anyone that is interested in another IDE to code in. Netbeans, makes an awesome IDE and it is free. Have a look at netbeans.org for the IDE. Their IDE can be downloaded for a PHP, C++ or JAVA flavour. I have used this for my JAVA programming and it makes life quite easy.
February 07, 2013 09:25AM
Other nice feature about it is that you don't need to use myadmin or xampp everything you need is there besides design tools but you can still design your lay outs on expression studio or dreamweaver, netbeans is flexible

gbakamela [77234715]
Re: Other IDE for PHP
February 18, 2013 09:23AM
Hi, ja netbeans it's the best IDE I also recommend using... also you may want to try Eclipse, since most companies use it just be familiarise yourself with it....
February 18, 2013 11:57AM
Ahhh!! Never knew about Eclipse. Just checked their website out: Eclipse Website

Will give it a try in the future. Thanks!!
February 18, 2013 12:17PM
I use Both Xampp and IIS 7 but i run iis on port 85 n xampp 80 they run concurrently very smooth indeed with web expression and eclipse also nice i once tried it but somehow it write some code for you and end up not learning anything same as dreamweaver smileys with beer

gbakamela [77234715]
February 19, 2013 02:51PM
That's true dreamweaver is writing some codes for and you won't learn like that.
February 19, 2013 03:51PM
If you have access to your own server I would recommend Notepad++. It's a great program to learn on and is also free.

Dreamweaver is great but not free. I also find Dreamweaver to be better when coding HTML and CSS but that's my preference.

____________________________________________Nazi Coder____________________________________________

I'm not antisocial, I'm just not user friendly

"It's not a bug; it's an undocumented feature!" ~ some unknown Microsoft developer
February 23, 2013 05:19AM
Shado77968239 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you have access to your own server I would
> recommend Notepad++. It's a great program to learn
> on and is also free.
>
> Dreamweaver is great but not free. I also find
> Dreamweaver to be better when coding HTML and CSS
> but that's my preference.

Notepad++ is very easy.
this is a link/video to show you where & how to download Notepad++
http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=kY5P9sZqFas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5P9sZqFas
February 24, 2013 08:58AM
I have never used netbeans but intend to give it a try.
I have used notepad++ now for a while as my default text editor but never as a coding application.

I have started coding in notepad++ and I really like it. Will give netbeans a go too.

Glen
February 27, 2013 11:04AM
Sorry guys, i want to know which Eclipse to download coz the one for PHP is not there
March 03, 2013 05:24PM
I tried to get netbeans going. Loading was successful but when it came to configuration I struggled, so I did not want to waste more time, not knowing if I would eventually get it right.

Therefore I decided to stick to EasyPHP for now.sad smiley

I will certainly explore netbeans (and other IDE's) at a later stage.smile
March 06, 2013 10:34PM
the slogan of this text editor is:" The text editor you'll fall in love with "

its really beautiful. it has a free version / trial but in the end you pay 70 USD .. check out the trial I promise you okes when you get into PHP coding youll see the value in buying this its soooo pretty!

http://www.sublimetext.com/

Student number : 7803-010-2
Email and Gtalk for support : wilcovandeijl@gmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login