Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam Result

Posted by 31097812 Bokkie 
Position: School of Computing Forums > 2012 > ICT3612
AnnouncementsLast Post
AnnouncementRegistration as a user on these forums07/16/2014 07:40AM
AnnouncementmyUnisa access problems02/04/2014 10:25AM
Announcement3G Internet access offer for students03/13/2014 06:51PM
AnnouncementForms you may need06/04/2013 10:20AM
AnnouncementUnisa contact information07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam Result
June 25, 2012 08:10AM
Hi all, got my result this weekend and am quite happy with my mark! smiling smiley

How about you guys?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Live life...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Exam Result
June 25, 2012 08:33AM
Yes i think we all got.
I got 91% and im quite supprised hot smiley
Re: Exam Result
June 25, 2012 09:14AM
I was expecting something in that line as well, however I actually failed the subject. This it really awkward and a disappointment to me. I get distinctions for more than 80% of all my subjects. This was also not the first time I have done PHP programming. Which way ever, I've applied for a remark of the subject. Would you be so kind to share the link to your site. I would love to compare my attempt with yours.
Re: Exam Result
June 25, 2012 09:28AM
smileys with beer I got 97%

I really enjoyed this module, was a nice challenge.

@33869200 why dont you post your link to us and we can comment on yours? (Ive taken mine down since I got my mark, sorry)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Live life...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Exam Result
June 25, 2012 09:29AM
avatar Re: Exam Result
June 25, 2012 10:03AM
I am not going to go into discussionshere as students must apply for a remark if they think they deserve one. However, make sure you do not waste your money. The student here above did not submit any of the OO exercises for whatever reason.
Re: Exam Result
June 25, 2012 01:15PM
Sure. Here is my link. I've got 38% and failed...

[marinushaywood.orgfree.com]

@Rafeeq. Thanks! Nicely done
Re: Exam Result
June 25, 2012 02:07PM
I have not even received tut 102. I have myUnisa screenshots as proof. Which way ever, tut 101 says:

" Further Portfolio Pages:
To be advised in tut 102.
Menu link:
To be advised
Handbook/tip:
To be advised
Task:
Until you receive tutorial letter 102 which covers OO, download the document OO1.pdf from the resources folder on myUnisa. Do the following preparatory exercise, using chapter 7 and 8 of the handbook as a companion:
Open your text editor and create a file named oo.php. Save the file, and open it in your localhost (http://localhost/oo.php). Retype the code in the OO1.pdf file over to the oo.php file, section by section. Of course you can copy it over, but it is suggested that you type it over. Work though the comments in the code in combination with chapters 7-8 of the prescribed handbook, and view the result of each section of code in your browser. Make changes to the code to aid your understanding. "

Also, If you look at the marks allocation, it could not count more than 10 or 15 marks. I presume the total portfolio mark allocation is 100.
Re: Exam Result
June 25, 2012 02:58PM
95% for mesmoking smiley

This module was a blast, really enjoyed it!

***Lets go back to my place and I will show you my source code***
Re: Exam Result
June 25, 2012 08:38PM
Hi All

Congratulations to all who passed with stars.

To those who failed or got supp, please never give up.....My link is 40541797@freeoda.com. Can you guys please comment where I went wrong.

Regards
Re: Exam Result
June 26, 2012 08:43AM
@40541797

That link looks more like an email address?
Maybe re-copy your url in here?

What mark did you get?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Live life...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
avatar Re: Exam Result
June 26, 2012 10:22AM
33869200 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have not even received tut 102. I have myUnisa
> screenshots as proof. Which way ever, tut 101
> says:
>
> " Further Portfolio Pages:
> To be advised in tut 102.
> Menu link:
> To be advised
> Handbook/tip:
> To be advised
> Task:
> Until you receive tutorial letter 102 which covers
> OO, download the document OO1.pdf from the
> resources folder on myUnisa. Do the following
> preparatory exercise, using chapter 7 and 8 of the
> handbook as a companion:
> Open your text editor and create a file named
> oo.php. Save the file, and open it in your
> localhost (http://localhost/oo.php). Retype the
> code in the OO1.pdf file over to the oo.php file,
> section by section. Of course you can copy it
> over, but it is suggested that you type it over.
> Work though the comments in the code in
> combination with chapters 7-8 of the prescribed
> handbook, and view the result of each section of
> code in your browser. Make changes to the code to
> aid your understanding. "
>
> Also, If you look at the marks allocation, it
> could not count more than 10 or 15 marks. I
> presume the total portfolio mark allocation is
> 100.


The tut letter has been available on myUnisa. Everyone else got it...
Re: Exam Result
June 26, 2012 10:31AM
@40541797

I checked out your site, where is your index page?
Re: Exam Result
June 26, 2012 03:37PM
@40541797

1. No Index page

2. Page oop1.php
Spelling mistake with name
Missing space between name and surname
Source code does not open in new window

3. Page oop2.php
Spelling mistake with surname
(Notice the change of spelling of the surname in the tut letter between oop1 and oop2)
Instruction as per tut for this page was: to get rid of the curly braces { } in the method and print statement by rewriting the code...
You did not do this, as your code still shows the curly braces.
Source code does not open in new window.

4. Page oop3.php
Correct display
Instruction as per tut was to change the parameters name, you did this correctly, but when invoking the construct method as per tut letter you didnt make use of these parameters.
Source code does not open in new window.

5. Page oop4.php
Display button does not work on this page. Doesnt matter which one I select, clicking the display button does nothing.
As per tut instruction only the drop down and button should display at first, only when you click on display should lines show, yours shows all.
Clicking on the return button takes away the menu bar.
Source code does not open in new window.

6. Page oop5.php
Page not found. (30 marks)

7. Page oop6.php
Looks ok

8. Page oop7.php
Page does not open error on line 49 (6 marks)

9. Concatenating strings - note on page 10 of tut 1 said to use full stops instead of commas, you still made use of commas.

(Some inconsistancy in menu, some pipes have spaces others dont.)

Edited to say - I only looked at your oop pages and Im only a student like you, so I might be wrong... any questions or corrections?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Live life...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
avatar Re: Exam Result
June 26, 2012 05:34PM
I got 91. Love PHP!!!!! My Portfolio
Re: Exam Result
June 26, 2012 08:29PM
For what it's worth, there is no tut102 on my MyUnisa. Here, check it out yourselves:

[marinushaywood.orgfree.com]

Seems as if I will be doing it over again, which is fine. Next round, I'm getting 100% smile

We'll leave it here, keep this forum professional.

Could someone please send me a copy of tut102, I would still like to see it. My email is 33869200 (at) mylife (dot) unisa (dot) ac (dot) za [at and dot, to fool the spam-bots :-( ]

Well done to the rest of you! smile
Re: Exam Result
June 26, 2012 09:36PM
Thanks very much. I will then redo the whole thing over and include the index page.

My final mark is 45%.Hoping this will improve. Looking forward to your assistance where possible.
Re: Exam Result
June 26, 2012 09:43PM
Dr Mac

Please advise me.
For a supplementary, do I have to correct where I think I went wrong or do the whole thing from scratch?

Thanks
avatar Re: Exam Result
June 27, 2012 08:46AM
33869200 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For what it's worth, there is no tut102 on my
> MyUnisa. Here, check it out yourselves:
>
> [marinushaywood.orgfree.com].
> jpg
>
> Seems as if I will be doing it over again, which
> is fine. Next round, I'm getting 100% smile
>
> We'll leave it here, keep this forum
> professional.
>
> Could someone please send me a copy of tut102, I
> would still like to see it. My email is 33869200
> (at) mylife (dot) unisa (dot) ac (dot) za [at
> and dot, to fool the spam-bots :-( ]
>
> Well done to the rest of you! smile

Tut 102 will not be available anymore. The rest of the students got hold if it.
avatar Re: Exam Result
June 27, 2012 08:53AM
40541797 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dr Mac
>
> Please advise me.
> For a supplementary, do I have to correct where I
> think I went wrong or do the whole thing from
> scratch?
>
> Thanks

I have PMed you - do not reply by PM as I do not read PMs.
Re: Exam Result
June 27, 2012 08:36PM
Thanks

Once done, do I submit and get results immediately or wait until end of the semester?

Please advise
Re: Exam Result
July 06, 2012 08:00AM
No results yet for me. I dont know what to do now.
avatar Re: Exam Result
July 06, 2012 10:35AM
For goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!!! I have emailed you and you have answered so why do you keep on posting here???????????????????????
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.