Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 1

Posted by Euwen-72934603 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
February 27, 2011 03:49PM
Ok, done with the first assignment, I'm relieved about that... Now onto my eight page website!! thumbs up
February 27, 2011 04:20PM
Assignment 2 is actually creating a fully functional "9" page website by the way, so i guess the difficult part is deciding what to add on the site? any suggestions guys?
Re: Assignment 1
February 27, 2011 07:33PM
Assignment completed!
March 03, 2011 07:04PM
How do you manage that guys. With a fulltime job, I find it difficult to work that fast!!
March 03, 2011 08:15PM
Ahmed I have only completed the first assignment, not the portfolio. I also work full-time, have a home and family to look after and am doing two courses concurrently, this being one of them. Lets just say I am not getting much sleep lately smile
March 06, 2011 11:33PM
Wow! You guys rock!! I cannot speed up my work, despite the effort I put into it. Time is just not enough! Mastering the technical aspects is difficult - I enjoy the practical parts.

Great going, Rowena!

I am so busy studying, working (I'm a lecturer by the way), juggling home, family and the kids' homework my husband feels that I have married the computer. I'm sure the first chance he gets he's going to get rid of my computer.
March 08, 2011 09:03PM
Hi people, just done with my first assignment lol it was an up-hill battle but got it right!hot smiley
March 09, 2011 09:56AM
Assignment one is in the bag. what a relief. lol. smileys with beer
March 10, 2011 04:17PM
Assignment 1 done (yay) drinking smiley
March 11, 2011 05:06PM
u people work way too fast hey, well i only got my books last week, problems with the post office...but i just completed my assignment 2day and im submitting it now. it is hard trying to work full time and study too, so i usually read up on my way to and from work, i use the bus....so i get about an hour and a half a trip, so its almost 3hours of study a day...but yeah all the best to every1 elsesmileys with beer
March 11, 2011 09:33PM
Assignment 1 - Mission accomplished + did a little more than 1 page......oops?? Off to do the Argus now...........
You guys that have completed the assignment - well done. For those of you still to do it, hang in there.... cool smiley
March 12, 2011 03:40PM
Finished, with hours to spare ^.^
March 12, 2011 03:51PM
Hi Everybody, and congratulations to everyone who's completed Assignment 1! What are you? Miracle workers?
Can anybody please help? I've placed a few postings on the "Images" discussion without making progress.
For Assignment 1, my images simply will not appear on my webpage at http://jura.orgfree.com.
[Tried to set up another website at http://freeoda.com. But ouch! I "transgressed" one of their conditions somehow!]
March 13, 2011 09:56AM
Done and dusted with a lot of effort!
March 13, 2011 10:08AM
can someone please check it for me.. http://www.claricha.freeoda.com
March 13, 2011 03:36PM
Assignment 1 is done, uploaded and emailed! yippeee!!!!
March 13, 2011 05:38PM
Assignment 1 submitted on Wednesday, very interesting!cool smiley
March 13, 2011 05:40PM
stupid question... how am I sure that they got the email?
March 13, 2011 06:58PM
They will send you an e-mail.
March 13, 2011 07:19PM
hi peeps, lol I see alot of posts today as tomorrow is the due date, I need to post more on the phorum but I am currently using my cell as a modem with Vodacom as my service provider, and it is very expensive, and don't have much time at work either, I need to get reliable and cheaper internet access ASAP
March 13, 2011 09:16PM
Assignment done but my email got returned as undeliverable.
Just for the record as far as time and date are concerned so there is a log incase it does not make it by email. My URL is http://www.roboman.ueuo.com/
Now to try the email again.
March 13, 2011 09:31PM
Before I get a smart alec answer got it sorted and url sent. There are three Assignment 1 threads, so my bad for not reading all 7 pages before my previous post.
March 14, 2011 12:08PM
Hope every1 managed to complete their work and handed it in...
March 15, 2011 02:52PM
ElizabethMcL I am not sure what happened with your page but when I looked at the source code I found it is missing everything. It is not defined as an html page. It has no head, title or body tags and no image reference.

If you click on View - source, in the browser on your page, you will see what I mean. Then go to my page at http://rowena.eu5.org/ and do the same. Compare the two and you will see why your page is not displaying properly.

You have a few hours still to fix it because the deadline has changed to today, 15th March.
March 15, 2011 11:18PM
Phewwwww!!!! I've been struggling and struggling.......tried various web hosting services....unsuccessfully.......then successfully (with lots of issues....image not showing....etc...) I've read all the forums and discussions......Still ....image and text appear on 2 different pages......I'm still trying to fix it...

Anyway....for now....I am provisionally done with assignment 1 -- until I fix the problem....Vist my Web page on htttp://www.ashiya.orgfree.com

Maybe someone will help....

confused smiley
March 16, 2011 08:14AM
read through all the posts, I had the same problem... go and check the images topic, you'll find your advice there
March 16, 2011 10:58AM
Rowena, thanks so much for pointing out the problems yesterday. I have also checked your website - excellent! Thanks to your advice I have discovered I was using WordPad instead of Notepad! Have redone & submitted my URL, although it's still not working & coding does not show either. But at least I'm slowly starting to see the light ... smile
March 16, 2011 11:04AM
Hello Fellow Web Designers ------- I finally got it right-----------------my image is visible....Thanks for all your support!! Love you guys!hot smileysmoking smiley
March 16, 2011 11:12AM
In my excitement I forgot to invite you guys to my Web Page - SORRY smile

Please visit me on:

http://ashiya.orgfree.com/ASHIYA-77252551.index.html

I have seen lots of your work!! Great stuff!

My personal favourite is Jason Muller's Web Page - http://www.kusarus.phpzilla.net/

Really cool!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login