AnnouncementmyUnisa access problems02/19/2014 04:04PM
AnnouncementSurvey request - marketing SMSs02/04/2014 08:00AM
AnnouncementBest wishes from the Director12/06/2013 08:04AM
Announcement3G Internet access offer for students03/13/2014 06:51PM
AnnouncementGame Development World Championship 2013.01/18/2014 11:26PM
three years ago
Where do we sign up???
three years ago
UNISA in collaboration with Microsoft has created its own student email system (myLife) in recognition of the increasing need for, and reliance on, electronic communication. This is a free service and you may keep this e-mail address for life, even after completing your studies with UNISA. You must be a registered UNISA student before you can claim your free e-mail account. In future, this will be the ONLY means of communication between UNISA and its students and will be considered an official communication standard between students and college faculty and staff. The use of the student email is a privilege, not a right, and the university maintains the right to limit access.

Claim your free e-mail by joining myUnisa.
three years ago
Hey Mac....

Is it mandatory that we sign up for mylife, or is my current gmail address sufficient?
three years ago
Apparently it soon wil be ....

In future all official correspondence from UNISA will be sent to this e-mail address ONLY.
If you want to have your e-mail to be sent to another e-mail address, e.g. your mobile phone, you have to set your e-mail program to automatically redirect the myLife e-mail messages to that address. Consult the help-file of your e-mail program for the necessary instructions.
three years ago
So I'll sign up later today....

Thank you!!
three years ago
Well apparently I'm not on record at UNISA... So no MyLife for me... Who else have signed up or haven't signed up for a MyLife account???
three years ago
Mine works

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Student Number:72793775
Re: mylife Account
three years ago
Mine works too.
three years ago
I have created my account too.
three years ago
My account was created as well.
I sent my assignment 1 from here to start the official change in communication! LOL

But, I have already set up an account for mylife on my Mac Mail.
Just hate having to check all my accounts in different places!

smile
three years ago
My account is also set up. I'm just testing the send and receive function now.

Student Number: 7277-873-3
three years ago
Guess I'll have to send an email and see why my surname doesn't match their database... Thanks to all who posted...

(I have tried all possible spelling...)
three years ago
I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this,
I'm trying to link my MyLife Email account to my Google Email account, please can someone tell me what the pop server is supposed to be?
I keep entering mail.mylife.unisa.ac.za, but I'm guessing this is incorrect, as it gives me the following error message:
There was a problem connecting to mail.mylife.unisa.ac.za

And the Error Details:
Server returned error: "Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added. Please contact your other email provider to verify the correct server name and port."

Thanks!

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."
three years ago
Both the pop and imap and smtp work on the same adress:
pod51002.outlook.com

Have set up my account - and it is working fine.

Hope this work!

smile
three years ago
Hi Guys,

I must say I have also tried this whole week to set up a MyLife account but im also not getting it right for some reason? I have tried all spelling, caps on and off with and without spaces, plain text the works and still nothing?
I have sent an email to MyLife support and no reply?
three years ago
Julienne...

I have send an email to MyLife support and they notified me via automated response that they will be attending to my mail shortly....
Have you received anything from them???
three years ago
@idnaloy - 72784733
Thanks for sending me the POP adress, I've tried using that in my Google accounts settings and still getting the same error
confused smiley

Might there be another POP address?

three years ago
Hi Steyn,

I did get a notification last week 10/8/2010 and no one got back to me yet, I did receive a reference number. Am not quite sure yet how to submit complete work. For now I have been keeping a file of screen shots for study backup. Ive phoned the two numbers that was given to me for the MyLife and i hung on yesterday for an hour and this morning again I held on for half hour....no luck....confused smiley
three years ago
Hey Julienne.

I submitted assignment 1 through my g-mail account... Got an email that my assignment was received... So just use whatever email you have available to submit your first assignment... It's future communication that will use only the MyLife mailbox that's worrying me...
three years ago
Hi Steyn,

I did use my gmail to submit my first assignment. But as you mention regarding the future communication regarding MyLife account is also making me a bit stressed.....

Any progress your side regarding this?

confused smiley
Anonymous User
three years ago
It says I have a mylife account...but I have not yet received any mail to my Hotmail via mylife. ...so i dont know what is going on hahaha.
????
three years ago
Julienne...

I mailed MyLife support explaining the problem with my surname not matching their database... Provided them with my student number and ask them how my surname is recorded in their database... They then send me a link to the page, "claim your MyLife email"... To me it doesn't look like they even bother reading the mails they receive... So I send a mail to El-Marie about MyLife and MyUnisa this morning... I'll let you know how she responded as soon as I receive an answer from her... I can't see how this can become the only means of communication before all problems are sorted out...
three years ago
Thanks Steyn,

I did that very same thing, emailed MyLife support twice and had the same reply which they emailed me the link to MyLife and were to register....had the exact same thing happen twice.....

I cant hold on the telephone everyday for more than half hour for MyLife inquiries .....its getting frustrating....

anyways lets hold thumbs,,,not sure who else to contact regarding the problem...
three years ago
@bellyheart

Don't know if you have come right with the pop, if not, when logged into your mylife account
select the help function. In the new winow select email setup and choose the Access Your Account Using IMAP or POP E-Mail Programs
option. This should shed some light on the subject.

smiling smiley
three years ago
@idnaloy - 72784733

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much !!
That worked for me!! smiling bouncing smiley

three years ago
I signed on the first time with great success.
three years ago
still no luck
three years ago
Nothing!!!!!!!!!
three years ago
Julienne...

Spoke to soon... El-marie mailed me back with my details... Try typing your surname and full names in UPPER CASE...
three years ago
Just in case you don't get onto MyUnisa... I checked the schedule and the due date for assignment 2 is September 23... It's a bit sooner than I expected...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login