Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
INF487 Text book
April 20, 2010 09:02AM
hi

i cannot find this text book- Enterprise Architecture As Strategy: Creating a Foundation for Business Execution anywhere.
Does anyone know where i can get it or have a second and one to sell?

please!!!
mail me on 41851641@mylife.unisa.ac.za

Ranay
Re: INF487 Text book
April 20, 2010 12:46PM
It took an age for me to get registered and when I eventually was I also could not find a copy of the book from Armstrongs, Juta and Van Schaik. All were telling they would only have stock in around 6 weeks time. Tried Exclusive Books as well to no avail.

A couple of people were selling second hand copies but had already sold them by the time I contacted them.

I have since ordered the book from Kalahari although my order is still showing "Ordered from supplier" a week later.

I have managed to access the first 30 or so pages of the book via Google Books so at least I have been able to start answering the first few questions in the assignment and hopefully will still get it marked.

http://books.google.co.za/books?id=5MVcnOyJ2bEC&printsec=frontcover&dq=enterprise+architecture+as+strategy&cd=1#v=onepage&q&f=false
April 20, 2010 02:13PM
Hi guys,

eugmar wrote:

"I also could not find a copy of the book from Armstrongs, Juta and Van Schaik"

When you contact the bookstores, do you contact only one branch of the bookstore e.g. Juta (Jhb) or do you contact different branches of Juta e.g. Juta (Jhb, Pta etc) For instance Armstrongs has branches in Linden, Orange Grove etc. Have you tried Protea Books in Pretoria? I have had to travel to get some of my books. I stay in Johannesburg but have found, may a times, my books in Pretoria (Hatfield)
April 20, 2010 02:58PM
Armstrongs phoned some of their other branches for me and I got one of my other books from the Linden branch. The other book sellers told me that their systems showed none of their other branches had the book in stock.

Nope, I did not try Protea Books, I settled on Kalahari. I guess I got tired of looking and settled on their "11 day" delivery date.
April 21, 2010 12:56PM
I have tried all UNISA recommended booksellers with no luck. None of the book sellers have this textbook. It is an international edition. Kalahari has ordered mine but I received an email yesterday (20 April) that says because of flight cancellations in Europe, the book will delay for another week.

I think the lecturers responsible for this module must ignore assignment 1 or extend the due date. PS: Assignment 1 was due on 2 April.
April 21, 2010 02:19PM
Seems we all have the same problem. :-(
I eventually settled for Kalahari as well. but my waiting time is 15-20 days, becasue of certian planes not flying due to the volcano - ash problem.
i have spoken to the lecturers and got an extention. so i am sure the same applies to you guys aswell.

goood luck with getting the book and completting your assignments.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login