Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assingment 1

Posted by SS 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
SS
Assingment 1
March 23, 2006 02:25PM
How are we supposed to show the results of the queries for Assignment 1, are we supposed to re-create the database/s in Access from the tutorial letter then do the queries, are we supposed to just write them down by hand or in excel? How are we going to show results in the exam, also just write them? The formulations are not so much of a problem.
Re: Assingment 1
March 25, 2006 08:42PM
I would also like to know if to use access or oracle to do the assignments.please reply to the above question on showing the results because the due date for ass1 is nearing.
March 27, 2006 08:49AM
I used Access but according to the instructions it seems you can use either Oracle or Access.

I recreated the database in Access -- you will use the same db for the next assignment so you'll only have to do this once.

When i ran the query, I just did a "Ctrl-A" (select all) and "Ctrl-C" copy on the results screen --- then just "Ctrl-V" in Word and it pastes the results in nicely.

In cases where I couldn't see any results I just did a screenshot.
SS
March 27, 2006 04:03PM
I re-created the database in Access. And then also just copied the results screen into word with the formulation. Where there is no result I also just did a screen print and copied it into word.

March 27, 2006 07:23PM
How do you re-create the database in Access.
SS
March 28, 2006 01:13PM
Our SQL text book doesn't give you the instructions on how to create databases using Access. I suggest you get a copy of the Access manual and go through it step by step.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login