Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam Post-Mortem

Posted by BlaXpydo 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam Post-Mortem
November 15, 2010 04:58PM
How did it go? Was everything in the old exams.

November 15, 2010 05:04PM
It wasn't hard if you knew your work. I struggled big time with the formal proofs. Should have barely passed though since I probably lost all 22 marks there.

Edit: I wrote 2 papers today by the way. Brain is broken. sad smiley
Re: Exam Post-Mortem
November 15, 2010 05:19PM
It was considerably harder than the previous exams. I would like to know how these lecturers know whether a student will be able to complete the exam in time or not. I wonder if it is possible to force them to show us the averages from last semester to this semester and for instance how many students were able to complete the formal proofs. Last semester at least they made sure that you would be able to complete the first formal proof and get at least some marks for the second proof, this semester it appears as if they purposefully tried to prevent students from completing it. I was able to do the first one, but no luck with the second one. I am getting a bit gatvol of this treatment we are getting.
Re: Exam Post-Mortem
November 15, 2010 05:36PM
@Hexium
If you can obtain the averages for the semsters...please post them on the forum. I think it will be quite intresting.

Well, at least we're done with this one, now its COS201, then COS2213, then its holiday.

November 15, 2010 06:23PM
I agree totally...this was a 3 hour paper if I ever saw one. The formal proofs were insanely hard. I really don't know if I passed.
November 15, 2010 08:09PM
Mortified.
Formal proofs were very difficult.

I don't really get the point in learning all these cool formal techniques and elimination rules for several months,
only to be given 2 questions which are insanely difficult to answer. (Add sarcasm as necessary)

The exam didn't truly test a student on his knowledge or ability to apply what they have learnt.
I feel really disappointed. I really enjoyed doing this course and the assignments.
But the exam was really unfitting.There are so many cool ways to test the syllabus and Tarski's world stuff.

This is just my opinion.
(and i doubt they will release stats)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login