Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

interested in doing this subject for NDP

Posted by jxharding 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
interested in doing this subject for NDP
February 01, 2010 10:42AM
Hi (mac)

could i ask if there are any (tut?) letters available for this module? I am looking at developing my PHP skills, but would like at what it entails
any documention or links will be helpful

Thank you
JP
Mac
Re: interested in doing this subject for NDP
February 01, 2010 11:46AM
Hi JX

The tut just explains a few procedures, dates etc. Our manual is the main document, of which I neither do have an electronic copy, and even if I did would not be allowed to distribute freely sad smiley Have you been to the CENSE page for PHP?

So it is working through the manual and exercises (and accompanying sections in the prescribed handbook) while actively participating inthe forums, then a final project where you develop a web-application (and example would be say an online Comrades Marathon Runner Registration System) which takes it all together and counts as your exam mark.

Hope that helps.
February 01, 2010 01:33PM
Thank you mac!
avatar Re: interested in doing this subject for NDP
February 02, 2010 09:39AM
what I'm more interested in is when we finish with this short cos is any way that we can get to advance stage with PHP or should we consider or venture to aspx ,ajax, jsp and etc?

gbakamela [77234715]
February 02, 2010 10:11AM
I had actually meant to find out, isn't ASP a direct substitution of PHP????
Mac
February 02, 2010 10:45AM
No, ASP is not PHP. PHP is its own creation. In future we will present an advanced course. After this course you should be comfortable in learning the advanced stuff yourself.
February 02, 2010 11:42AM
But it does pretty much the same functions PHP does... (server side scripting)
Mac
February 02, 2010 01:45PM
Of course there are things that are the same. PHP, as a programming language, has many function that is similar to other programming functions.
avatar Re: interested in doing this subject for NDP
February 02, 2010 03:06PM
this is getting me excited you know I never thought these Forums help before but a lil info you get here you can actually use it to make informed decisions about your career smile

gbakamela [77234715]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login