Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam

Posted by wishblade 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam
November 05, 2009 06:07PM
Just wanted to find out what the general thoughts were regarding today's paper?

From my side, I either spent too much time on some questions, or there just wasn't enough time...
Otherwise, was a pretty straight forward paper... except that if we were asked to ignore the sample paper and prep work for the errors (hammingweight's "Sample Exam Paper" topic), would I be asking too much if the lecturers may ignore my answers that were incomplete/incorrect? grinning smiley
Re: Exam
November 05, 2009 09:31PM
Yes, i think 2 hours of time for such an exam is not enought. How did you guys formulate the seesaw problem ? I didnt really have time for it
November 06, 2009 02:44AM
@wishblade lol grinning smiley

I too found it straightforward, but the time wasn't enough at all, I spent 30 minutes in the first part of the first question (1.1). nonetheless I guess I've done good, I hope I can get a good mark after all.

---------
I'm Year '0110' Computer Student!
November 06, 2009 08:49AM
I want to know... How neatly did you draw your decision tree? I'm asking because I think using your ruler to draw the boxes may have slowed us down terribly and we could have used that time to concentrate on other questions.

I realised time was going to be an issue and I stopped using my ruler to make pretty boxes... Instead I made neat (obviously this is relative) free-hand boxes and just managed to get to the end of the exam... I strongly believe that I've made several mistakes in the paper (I dont know what they are) but I'm sure it will count against me.... like Question 6 CNF... I needed more time to make sure I was putting the parantheses in the right places and applying de morgan's law correctly at each step.... I generally make a silly mistake with these type of questions when I'm tired or pressed for time.

Best wishes everyone....
Re: Exam
November 22, 2011 05:43PM
Hi Guys

May i ask for material for this subject, i will be taking this module in the first semester 2012. Please send to sedeya@gmail.com

If anyone has material for the following modules, please kindly provide:

CODE MODULE NAME
COS2621 Computer organization (Computer Science 221)
COS2661 Formal logic 2 (Computer Science 261)
INF3705 Advanced systems development (Information Systems 305)
COS3701 Theory of computer science 3 (Computer Science 301)
COS3711 Advanced programming (Computer Science 311)
COS3721 Operating systems and architecture (Computer Science 321)
COS3712 Computer graphics (Computer Science 340)
COS3761 Formal logic 3 (Computer Science 361)

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rutendo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login