Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Devcpp Compalation error

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Devcpp Compalation error
February 11, 2009 11:55AM
I installed mingw and devcpp as instructed on the cd, but when i came to compile the program, that they said we should try to make sure everything is working, i got an "unable to run program file." error.

Does anyone else get this error or know how to fix it?

I am running vista x64 i don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Anonymous User
Re: Devcpp Compalation error
February 11, 2009 12:55PM
Anonymous User
February 11, 2009 01:37PM
I tried that but in vista there is no second ini file to change the setting of
Anonymous User
February 11, 2009 02:04PM
when you start DevC++ for the 1st time it will bring up a message indicating were the configuration files are kept - it applies different rules for different operating systems. You will need to reinstall to see this message. Other than that you will need to search for the .ini file if its not using the one in the install directory.
avatar Re: Devcpp Compalation error
February 11, 2009 09:08PM
Have you gone through the COS112 page on the CD, especially the part about troubleshooting?
Anonymous User
February 12, 2009 07:21AM
Hey guys thanks but i figured it out. It was to do with the compiler options. I previously had a newer version which was overwriting these configuration files.
February 13, 2009 03:02PM
damn... i was about to blame it on Vista...
February 16, 2009 01:00PM
What did you set in die compiler options, i'm also struggling with this problem, but just dont seem to get it right. I followed all the troubleshooting instructions for COS 112, but it still doesn't want to compile.
Anonymous User
February 16, 2009 01:42PM
Did you try the instructions in the other thread? If that does not work let me know
February 23, 2009 01:40PM
I tried the instrcutions on the other threat and it worked fine.
avatar Re: Devcpp Compalation error
April 07, 2009 03:03PM
Anyone getting busy loops with the example programs? Last week I could not compile a target - after closing my application, I saw that it was still running in the background. I had to kill the task between each refinement. CPU usage was 100% - or rather 50% on my core 2 duo.
Anonymous User
prescribed book for COS340A
April 09, 2009 03:24PM
i'm new here and i just registered. i got my first unisa materials yesterday and i'm already late for the first assignment. i cannot find the copy of the prescribed book (interactive computer graphics: a top-down approach using openGL. by Angel,E) online and i need it to be able to do my assignments. can anybody kindly borrow me theirs for a very short spell? or those anyone have an idea of how i can get about getting one? thanks..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login