Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment - 1 - stuffed up

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Assignment - 1 - stuffed up
June 01, 2009 02:58PM
Here's another account of why education is hardly a measure of intelligence.

I received assignment 1 back today - 34% - but wait, 8 of the 15 pages are missing ! then pages 10 - 15 are duplicated. I look at the original I sent - all the pages are there. So there was a stuff up at the printers - but no-one bothered to contact the dear paying student.

I know this assignment doesn't count for squat - but for varks sake - this is pathetic...

[ good news - this is being sorted out, I'll leave the original post since there is clearly something amiss between the assignments department and however is responsible for marking ]
avatar Re: Assignment - 1 - stuffed up
June 02, 2009 08:17PM
I got my assignment 1 back today. NO pages included at all! 0% and a comment "Nothing to mark!". I was assuming the 0% was because assignment 1 doesn't count for the year mark. Didn't the lecturer notice that something was missing and tried to find out where the assignment is? I mean, the assignment department can't send him a notice that something was submitted if they didn't have a document?
SIGH!
June 03, 2009 02:25PM
i had the same issue with a maths course last year, tried chasing down someone who would give a %^*$ but couldn't find anysuch persons at unisa.

did you guys submit pdf files? i first noticed that my marks dipped because all the equations were replaced with white pages, then whole pages went missing...
June 04, 2009 07:53AM
Mine was pdf. First time I'm submitting as pdf - didn't any problems previously with Word documents.
Sigh!
Anonymous User
Re: Assignment - 1 - stuffed up
June 04, 2009 09:50AM
I started in 2006 and only ever submitted PDFs... I would expect something called a portable document format to be just that and I would also expect the marker to see that I have page numbers top and bottom of each page reading page x/y - so there is really no excuse for what happend here...
June 04, 2009 09:57AM
fully knowing what to expect of unisa, i think i may have had my last year with them in 2008 because of stuff like this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login