Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not too bad

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement : Programming Students at UNISA School of Computing 06/19/2019 02:01PM
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar
Mac
Not too bad
November 13, 2008 11:14AM
Received some very good efforts.

One thing to remember for those that used sessions (I want to see you using all you have learned) is that session_start() should always be rigth at top of the page, as in:

<?php
session_start()

No space nowhere - if the is then you get the warning - cannot send headers etc.

Also, I should not have to change database connection and database selection details anywhere else but in one single file. I have had to change details on a quite a few pages within a single project - not user friendly.
Re: Not too bad
November 16, 2008 01:32PM
i totally forgot about using sessions... doh! eye popping smiley
Re: Not too bad
November 18, 2008 01:35PM
just received sms with my results; thanx Mac.
will you give us a crit on our assignments; i'm really curious to see the proper solutions to some of my unresolved scripts.

and yes, i also didn't use sessions...

tristan
Re: Not too bad
November 18, 2008 01:54PM
hi mac,

is it possible to post some of the pracs just for interest sake, i'm curious to see what everyone did?

noelle
Re: Not too bad
November 18, 2008 02:54PM
Hi Mac What was the highest mark - if you don't mind?

Thanxs
avatar
Mac
Re: Not too bad
November 19, 2008 07:13AM
Huh? I haven't signed off the result yet! The year mark (your participation in the forum) has not even been entered yet into the system eye popping smiley eye popping smiley eye popping smiley

I will post one or two - and highest mark is a secret smiling smiley But its close to full marks.
Re: Not too bad
November 19, 2008 08:48AM
What is the mark that i have received by sms then?
avatar
Mac
Re: Not too bad
November 19, 2008 09:12AM
You received the year mark, which only counts 10% of your final mark. This mark I calculated looking at your forum contributions. The prac is the other 90%.
Re: Not too bad
November 21, 2008 12:11PM
bummer, i was really pleased with what i thought was my final mark!
any idea when we can expect our final mark?

tristan
avatar
Mac
Re: Not too bad
November 24, 2008 06:30AM
Not sure. I have learned not to concern myself with Unisa dates smiling smiley
Re: Not too bad
November 24, 2008 01:03PM
um, i take it that means you've finished the marking & handed over the results, now it's up to UNISA to post them?

tristan
avatar
Mac
Re: Not too bad
November 25, 2008 04:07PM
um, yes smiling smiley

They have their own time schedule which I have chosen to ignore, otherwise I become I helpdesk for them thumbs up smiley
Re: Not too bad
November 25, 2008 05:16PM
Mac I think you must be cool in person

I like your wit and sense of humour

um! - how many failed and how many passed ?

And thanks for your time and support - it's greatly appreciated

Good Luck and happy end of the year!


Torry Msimango
avatar
Mac
Re: Not too bad
November 26, 2008 06:32AM
Ah Torry - pity the marks are already in otherwise I would've added a few more to you smiling smiley
No failures....
Re: Not too bad
November 26, 2008 06:48AM
Brilliant!
I'm so glad everybody made it, although admittedly I'm even more glad that I made it!
Re: Not too bad
November 26, 2008 01:33PM
hi mac

will we receive the results by sms again, or will we be able to see the results on the myunisa portal?

at the myunisa portal it displays a final mark and that i have passed, but now i'm not sure if this really is my final mark?
avatar
Mac
Re: Not too bad
November 26, 2008 03:01PM
If it says it is your final mark, who am I to query it smiling smiley It is probably then correct. As for SMS'se, I cannot answer that since my boundaries lies within what is expected of me i.e. upload final marks.

Question is, are you happy huh?

But know this - it is not the mark that counts. It is all about the PHP seed that has been planted.
Re: Not too bad
November 26, 2008 03:12PM
I just don't want to get too happy too soon! but if it is my mark then i am very pleased!
Re: Not too bad
November 26, 2008 03:40PM
If I check MyUnisa it tells me that I was absent from the examination.

Mac, can you please confirm that you received my prac. It was emailed to the address <v><{d}><mert><{m}>
avatar
Mac
Re: Not too bad
November 28, 2008 06:30AM
No, it was not received... I confirmed all pracs I received immediately. Hand in but marks will only be out next semester
Re: Not too bad
November 28, 2008 06:56AM
I'll forward you the email that I sent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login