Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OOP in Project?

Posted by Dorac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
OOP in Project?
September 24, 2008 01:04PM
If I use objects in my application... will i be penalized? Since OOP (object orientated programming) isn't in the Masterskill study book (god knows why Unisa doesn't improve this course from PHP4 to PHP5) would I lose marks if I used objects in my project? (not sure if php4 even supports objects)
Mac
Re: OOP in Project?
September 25, 2008 07:05AM
This is an INTRODUCTORY course. There are many reasons why we prefer to start with PHP4. AT the level of this course ther is not much difference between 4 and 5. It makes sense to start with 4, then you learn what you need to add to make code work in 5, because the skills learned here will stand you for good when PHP6 comes out soon! Most of all, OOP is not easy to understand for many people - our undergraduate degree students find this the most difficult concept top master in the programming modules.You can OOP in 4 as well, but obviously 5 is more geared towards OOP. If we wanted to include OOP this would be an ADVANCED course. In any event, one doesn't start with OOP until you understand the basics. Which is exactly what we offer, putting you on your way to progress to OOP when you are ready for it, and that can never be within 5 months of learning PHP.

So we don't want OOP in the project. We're looking for you to apply what was offered in the course tongue sticking out smiley)
Re: OOP in Project?
September 25, 2008 10:25AM
Ah I see. I never quite thought of it that way. But thank you for clearing that for me smiling smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login