Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installation Lesson

Posted by Dorac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Installation Lesson
July 09, 2008 11:45PM
I see i needed to post about XAMP, well i'm using WAMP on my pc and been using it for ages tongue sticking out smiley so i guess i can say...

Completed Successfully with no problems what so ever! smiling smiley
Re: Installation Lesson
July 11, 2008 11:18AM
Hi

Installed XAMPP with no problems. PHP, MySQL and Apache are all working on my side.

Thanksthumbs up

Gareth van Zyl
July 11, 2008 05:24PM
Done ->WDP Been running for ages...

Craig G Smith
http://www.joomla-host.co.za
Anonymous User
July 13, 2008 06:13PM
Hi

I installed XAMPP with no problem all working properly.
July 14, 2008 01:15AM
XAMPP installed; apache, muSQL, PHP up & running. as a matter of interest, Vista no longer includes Microsoft personal web server? according to setup instructions (for Windows 98- !!??) you have to add the StudentPHP directory to web server; how is this directory indicated in XAMPP? just move StudentPHP directory inside htdocs?
also, in security setting for IE7 can't seem to find 'allow per-session cookies option' entry.
Mac
July 16, 2008 07:26AM
just move StudentPHP directory inside ... - yes.
Don't follow th instructions - just install XAMPP>
July 16, 2008 09:24PM
worked & tested php documents successfully on the w.end, but when i tried to open index.php yesterday it only displayed the script in the browser without generating the page. checked the installation files - all there. uninstalled everything - reinstalled, this time to C:\Program Files\xampp as opposed to C:\xampp as before (on some of the xampp documentation it said that problems arise on vista if installed in Program Files). now all working again, but mystery as to what caused problem before. i did run a reg cleaner in between; might this have been the cause?

tristan
Mac
July 17, 2008 07:20AM
If it displays only the script, then the php code is not being interpreted by Apache (parsed). So is Apache in fact running?
July 17, 2008 03:59PM
sorry, no. what i meant was that i was getting an error mssg: 'unable to find xampp/lang.temp etc'. ran reg cleaner again & sure enough, 3 entries (xampp/lang.temp & xampp/why.temp) which iv'e added to exclusion list so now everything ok.
completed lesson 1; everything fine!
thanx
tristan

tristan
Anonymous User
July 21, 2008 08:10PM
installed XAMPP 1.6.7

all items setup as a service (apache, mysql, php)

1. changed the apache port to 8080 in the .conf (Listen 8080 & ServerName localhost:8080, not sure if I really needed the 2nd one, but it works for now)

2. the index.php in C:\xampp\htdocs\ takes you straight to /xampp/, disabled that for now with a rename of index.php

3. using the actual MySQL GUI tools, instead of the 3rd party item, which crashed almost instantaneously

michael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login