Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

JNC mp4 player

Posted by TraceyB 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
JNC mp4 player
December 03, 2008 11:59AM
Does anybody have a JNC mp4 player?

What is the sound like and does it have a txt reader?

A salesman at one shop said the sound wasn't that good and tried to sell me a panasonic player but I think he wanted more commission.
December 03, 2008 12:22PM
Look around - you haven't said what you want in a player - I got a great player that
does mp3, has FM reception and, most importantly, does voice recording (needed to ensure
that all correspondence with ex was recorded - she accused me of intimidationsmile).

So, for R299 @ game, I got a sandisk player, with 2G flash and an expansion slot for
more memory, all in the size of a USB keychain smile

Of course, I only needed audio ...

If you are buying an audio player, bear in mind that the headphones make more difference
to sound quality than the player - get the jensen in-canal earbuds for R299 @ game as
well - does not damage your hearing like the standard earbuds do and because of the
extreme fidelity I never find myself having to increase the volume past the first bar
(or 'click' - the volume stays at the lowest possible volume). This lets me use
the player for longer as the battery lasts longer (recharges in the PC USB slot).

Lelanthran "I-Love-Music" Manickum smile
Re: JNC mp4 player
December 03, 2008 12:24PM
didn't you buy a mp4 player last year around this time?
December 03, 2008 12:29PM
In case that was directed at me ....
Can't remember. It's a moot point anyway, I lost everything I had in the divorce smile
December 03, 2008 12:30PM
Got an email from Sahara offering a new MP4 player they have on special today. Normally they have cheap stuff that works well enough, but can't tell you anything more yet.

As far as audio players, IDK. Thanks for info goose!
Edit: re: headphones audio players

As far as Divx players, been promising myself not to squandor the cash next time im paid and get an ISonic player. (IS-MP403 or IS-MP406). Portable HDD/DivX and IMHO best value for money. Adv for R460 (just the enclosure) but seen going for as little as R300.
December 03, 2008 12:56PM
get an ipod touch!! grinning smiley
December 03, 2008 03:09PM
I've got a 2Gb JNC MP4 player which I am sure Hifi corp made a mistake on some months back because the price it was going for then is still less than the current 1Gb JNC player on special.

I was looking for a cheapish device to use in my car and I use it mostly through my car radio. I am happy with it, although a lot of the features like video, games, radio etc are wasted on me. I don't recall seeing anything about a text reader but will have a look.

Only gripe I have is that the battery indicator is not really in tune with the remaining battery life, although the battery life itself has been impressive.

The standard headphones are not great but as goose says, a pair of decent headphones makes all the difference.
December 03, 2008 04:30PM
lycium Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> get an ipod touch!! grinning smiley

A touch looks nice, but its geared more toward all kind of fancy stuff. I got myself the IPod classic 160GB for the same price as a touch 16GB. You cant use a touch as an external hard drive either. The classic is made for music and storage, and thats why I like it so much. If I want to watch movies, I use my flat screen at home smiling smiley

Just my opinion, I dont know the technicalities of the different hardware specs, I just know it works well for me. And I also get to store ALL my photos in high resolution and back up my mac on it as well.
December 03, 2008 06:34PM
I have JNC mp4 player - it's ok but I don't like the interface (buttons sometimes don't work or does something it is not suppose to) and the battery life is not that good and as said before the battery indicator is somewhat random. Also, sometimes takes long to recharge for some reason. Plus side - it is relatively cheap compared to Apple stuff.
December 03, 2008 08:26PM
Randal Flag Wrote:
> didn't you buy a mp4 player last year around this
> time?

Good memory Randal.

Yes, I bought one off eBay but it stopped working a while back.
December 04, 2008 12:18PM
I've got the JNC touch mp4 player. It is not bad considering the price. The sound quality is standard but good enough for me.
December 04, 2008 12:38PM
I saw the ipod prices increased. I got my 160GB for R3800....when someone else at wanted to get one a week later, she had to pay almost R4800!
Anonymous User
December 04, 2008 12:54PM
R4800 for a walkman?? No thanks. If I had the money to blow on something like that, I'd still spend it on something better
December 04, 2008 01:25PM
Yeah - get a 125CC motorcycle for transit to work and back - avoid traffic, have fun and
save money, all at the same time smile
December 04, 2008 01:26PM
that's 380 New Zealand dollars = 2028.85393 South African rands
December 04, 2008 01:29PM
Its not a walkman smiling smiley Its an external hard drive, used for music on the go, and all of my photos and videos. It is storage storage storage!
Anonymous User
December 04, 2008 02:01PM
I doubt you'd be able to justify the quality vs the price. You've just outed yourself as a loathsome apple fanboi tongue sticking out smiley
December 04, 2008 02:05PM
What's the quality like on Apple products? I work with a guy that had to replace the screen and DVD drive within 6 months of buying a MacBook Pro (new). Now it looks like the battery might be on its way out.
December 04, 2008 02:14PM
I think your friend must stop using it in the shower smiling smiley
December 04, 2008 02:17PM
riaan you can't play the storage card because 1TB external drive is 1/2 price of the 160gb ipod tongue sticking out smiley
Anonymous User
December 04, 2008 02:38PM
my 500Gb external storage cost R1200 a year ago. I rarely need more than 8Gb which hangs around my neck (and cost R195)
December 04, 2008 02:53PM
December 04, 2008 03:02PM
December 04, 2008 04:44PM
lycium Wrote:
> riaan you can't play the storage card because 1TB
> external drive is 1/2 price of the 160gb ipod tongue sticking out smiley

Yeh, but you cant fit it in your pocket and listen to music on it, and see your photos on it....
December 05, 2008 03:00AM
please re-read what i wrote: you were talking about using it for storage, and as you just pointed out that's not why you buy an ipod.

rklopper Wrote:
> Its not a walkman smiling smiley Its an external hard drive, [...]
> It is storage storage storage!
December 05, 2008 09:08AM
yeh yeh yeh, dont want to get technical with you. You either like the idea of something that can do most things or you dont.
December 05, 2008 11:14AM
NOW we're talking grinning smiley yes indeed the ipod is completely awesome (unless you're looking for lots of storage winking smiley) and i would buy an ipod touch if i weren't getting a company iphone grinning smiley

right now i'm using a nokia n82 with the 1gb flash mem it came with... having that much space with a 5mpix cam is actually quite ok, 2gb would be better but i have lots of photos and mp3s on there in constant rotation so it works out ok for day-to-day use. anything more needs an external disk, which are fast and extremely cheap these days.
December 05, 2008 11:17AM
nokia's n97 looks pretty cool too, and has loads of solidstate storage: http://gizmodo.com/5100707/nokia-n97-unveiled-the-first-high+end-n+series-touch-phone
December 05, 2008 02:52PM
You're so lucky lycium! I checked out the iPhone and was seriously impressed with the interface. Too bad I can't afford one...
December 05, 2008 03:39PM
we're actually coding 3d sports games and raceviewers for the iphone winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login