Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

.net

Posted by TraceyB 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
November 20, 2008 11:53AM
Yeah, just do it! Whatever your route is, get started and keep learning. It does not matter what language, platform, or environment you choose. If it going to make you happy and improve your skills, go for it.

BTW, I prefer python tongue sticking out smiley
Anonymous User
Re: .net
November 20, 2008 12:33PM
Regarding my comment about channel 9, here's the link Channel 9, nice for keeping track of new developments without spending the time to read (who has the time)

For asp, there's also http://www.asp.net/, which also has video tutorials (nice for getting a feel of the technology)
November 20, 2008 12:40PM
rklopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I only code in mindfuck.

ITYM brainfuck
November 21, 2008 03:30PM
Wow goose, you couldn't spot a mis-type?
November 21, 2008 03:32PM
Wow Kyle, your post makes no sense?
November 21, 2008 04:31PM
It does, it's in reply to his last post directed at me. I'll be sure to quote next time.
Anonymous User
November 21, 2008 09:21PM
twasn't a mis-type. twas a brainfart that goose pointed out tongue sticking out smiley
November 22, 2008 05:12AM
exactly, and hence kyle's post (asserting with a question that goose can't spot a typo when that's exactly what he did) doesn't make sense tongue sticking out smiley
November 22, 2008 07:52AM
lycium Wrote:
>... managed c++ is the most impossibly horrible thing ever.

I wrote a small MDI app in managed C++ a while ago. It was painful.
November 22, 2008 01:01PM
Brainfart is possible, it is that time of the year tongue sticking out smiley But in any case, there's no way he could have not known what I meant smiling smiley
November 25, 2008 06:55AM
Kyle Wrote:
> Brainfart is possible, it is that time of the year
> tongue sticking out smiley But in any case, there's no way he could have
> not known what I meant smiling smiley

?
November 25, 2008 08:44AM
don't act dumb, i've been diagonally reading this whole thread for like 3 seconds once every few days it gets a reply and i know what kyle's saying tongue sticking out smiley although as i previously remarked, what he wrote and what he actually meant to say are two very different things winking smiley

executive summary: this whole thread is made of fail and misunderstanding, we are now discussing llamas.

-------
'I don't care anymore what a bunch of atheists (or whatever they want to call themselves) want to believe. Its pointless to try and convince someone of your own belief if all they care about is the bliss of their ignorance.'
'i think both subjectivity and objectivity equals in meaning'
'Hey all you satanists.'
'harsh? sorry, i don't have the basic understanding of such a word.'
'I though zombies were living dead corpses walking around trying to eat young virgin girls'
'But perhaps we just transfer into another dimension. If you lived a good live you transfer into say, the 7th dimension, and if you were bad you transfer into the 6th dimension. And if your state of being is not very well defined you only get to the 5th dimension, being closest to our current 4 dimensions of perception, explaining the whole ghost thing.'
'If I kill a snail, would that be considered as murder, because in a million years that snail might be a human?'
- Randal Flag
Anonymous User
November 25, 2008 08:49AM
November 25, 2008 01:55PM
Gotta love the llama tongue sticking out smiley
November 25, 2008 02:27PM
I dont like them at all. They stink and they spit....and they are stupid and ugly. They probably live in <<add your stereo-typed town here>>.
November 25, 2008 02:39PM
rklopper Wrote:
> I dont like them at all. They stink and they
> spit....

Yeah, I know people like that.

> and they are stupid and ugly. They

I know people like that too ...
Anonymous User
November 25, 2008 02:40PM
llamas are cool. If they drank beer, they would be the same as Joe Plumber (and vote Obama)
Anonymous User
November 25, 2008 02:42PM
November 26, 2008 12:40PM
It turns out its C# and I have 6 months to be proficient in it.
Anonymous User
November 26, 2008 12:43PM
you can be pretty jacked up in a week winking smiley okay, maybe 2 weeks if you read really slowly smiling smiley
Anonymous User
November 26, 2008 12:44PM
November 26, 2008 12:52PM
Tracey - really make use of the Delphi assignments. The interface is similar, the functionality requested is the basic one's and you can immediately see if you have the correct result or not.
November 27, 2008 05:14PM
C# in 6 months will not be a problem Tracey.
November 27, 2008 10:54PM
thumbs up Thanks Andre
November 30, 2008 10:54PM
Yea 6 months will be a breeze. I say dabble with the framework, think up some applications that you would most likely be facing and try make simplistic examples of them (using the google machine as a helper of course). Have fun, C# is great fun smiling smiley

Also check out codeproject dot com, they're around the most useful .NET resource i've found.
November 30, 2008 10:59PM
I work as a systems analyst and my main work is in ASP.Net with VB.Net.
I only completed my degree now, but can tell you that .Net is a breeze working with.
If you can master the second year programming modules, then you won't have any problems with .Net at all.
December 01, 2008 08:48AM
Thanks Kyle and Neill. First I need to find time to learn .Net.
December 01, 2008 09:18AM
it's quite possible to code in c# by example (surrounding code and "intellisense" autocomplete) without having actually learnt it btw smiling smiley 9 times out of 10 it will just work, and without manual memory management to trip you up, it'll probably even work without problems.

about finding the time, 6 months doesn't sound too bad!!! tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login