Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

giving up

Posted by rklopper 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Re: giving up
December 03, 2008 08:22AM
i think the invite was just sent to riaan and his supervisor *hopes* he forgets his swim trunks...

@riaan - is this "friendliness" unacceptable - I don't know really, you can be friends with your supervisor I guess. If he is inviting a whole bunch of people for a braai, then I guess there is no real harm in it. If he were just inviting you then it would be unacceptable.....
December 03, 2008 09:21AM
On the serious note, I suppose some supervisors might also become mentors but I think that flows from a establishment of a relationship. This guy seems to be trying to force the issue. He wants the be your mentor and supervisor and partner and friend whether you want it or not. I think that's emotional rape.

I mean you got other people who you trust and look up to as mentors... I don't see any reason why you should take his crap
December 03, 2008 12:01PM
Your supervisor should be building you up and helping you get your Masters, not knocking you down.

My R0.02.
Anonymous User
December 03, 2008 12:11PM
i think Riaans supervisor is more interested in trying to knock him up than knock him down winking smiley
December 03, 2008 12:15PM
Hope rklopper can resist the temptation to sleep his way to the top smile

(Hell, I've not been hit on by men since I left CT years ago - I must be losing my
sex appeal smile)
December 03, 2008 12:26PM
perhaps you ARE losing your sex appeal goose?! personally i have never been attracted to geese.

apparently all south african men think they're hot, which basically means all south african men are gay. exhibit A: (from http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=nw20081202154933243C184384 )

SA men: We're so sexy
02/12/2008 23:05 - (SA)

Johannesburg - South African men are world leaders in believing they are good-looking - and are the most committed to their shaving mirrors, shows a global survey released on Tuesday.

A full 78% of South African men said they believed they were sexy. And their motive for looking good was to please themselves, said market intelligence company Synovate.

This was way above the world average - out of the 5 000 men surveyed in 12 countries world-wide, less than half (49%) believed they were sexy.

Only Greek men (81%) and Russian men (80%) topped what the researchers labelled the "Adonis complex" of South African male species.

Malaysian, Chinese and French men had lower opinions of themselves.

Seventy-eight percent of Malaysian men believed they were not sexy, while 66% of both Chinese and French men did not think they were good-looking.

These results originate from 10 000 interviews with both men and women conducted in October in 12 countries - South Africa, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Greece, Malaysia, Russia, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Italian men 'best-looking'

Though Italy was not included in the survey, Italian men were rated the best-looking in the world.

South African men were the "most committed to their shaving mirrors", with 90% agreeing that they prefer the look of a clean-shaven face, followed by China (88%) and Spain (84%).

"Most likely to embrace the beard were men from Greece (34% disagreed they preferred to be clean-shaven), Australia and Brazil (both 25%) and Canada (24%)," Synovate said in a statement.

Ninety-two percent of SA women preferred clean-shaven faces - the most among the 12 countries surveyed.

About two thirds of South African men used beauty products specially designed for men.

Beauty products

"However, 36% of South African men believe men who use beauty products are not as masculine as those who don't," said the researchers.

"This sentiment is higher amongst South African males than it is amongst females. However, a substantial 33% of women also believe this."

The top three most-used products by all men were deodorant (72%), whitening toothpaste (61%) and cologne or aftershave (58%).

South African men mostly used deodorant (88%), cologne or aftershave (80%), mouthwash (72%), whitening toothpaste (72%), lip balm or Vaseline (68%), body moisturiser (56%), conditioner (45%), facial wash (44%), facial moisturiser (42%), whitening soap (35%), sun cream (35%) and hair spray, gel or mousse (34%).

Four-fifths of South African men stated that their looks were very or quite important to them.

South African women were loyal to their men. Sixty-three percent voted for their own men as the most good-looking in the world - and 51% of local men agreed.

The survey also had good news for bald men who "need not worry".

"Only 1% of respondents said that a 'full head of hair' is necessary for someone to be handsome."
December 03, 2008 12:28PM
exhibit b:

December 03, 2008 12:29PM
doesn't say anything about germans
December 03, 2008 12:31PM
lycium Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> perhaps you ARE losing your sex appeal goose?!
> personally i have never been attracted to geese.
>
> apparently all south african men think they're
> hot, which basically means all south african men
> are gay.

Re: the shaving
What I've found is that, whereas metrosexuals try to be gay, homosexuals actually succeed.
Personally, I'm not too interested in my appearance - I shave once a week and almost never
buy clothing or dress smart - I've found (to my extreme pleasure) that women don't care
... as long as you don't have hygiene problems, most women don't care how you're
dressed.
smile
December 03, 2008 12:33PM
lol
Anonymous User
December 03, 2008 12:34PM
yeah, italian males do have that "dark brooding" look - not sure if brooding is the right work...

I don't care what a male wears as long as its not my clothes and its clean and he doesn't stink
December 03, 2008 12:37PM
goose Wrote:
> to my extreme pleasure

not on the forums, thanks!

celene Wrote:
> I don't care what a male wears as
> long as its not my clothes and its
> clean and he doesn't stink

i suppose that does corroborate what goose said tho smiling smiley
Anonymous User
December 03, 2008 12:45PM
I do however know many females who go and buy clothes for their males because they don't like the way their males dress. strangely though those females are ones who themselves want to always be dressed in the most fashionable and expensive outfits
December 03, 2008 12:51PM
i'd have abs no objections being hit by the fashion cluebat, it can be fun; no way i'd do it for myself though (sorry 4 me!), have too much REAL stuff to do! tongue sticking out smiley
December 03, 2008 08:32PM
Guys can generally get away with clothes they choose themselves as long as they're dressed for the occasion and no open shoes with long pants and no stripes with checks.
December 04, 2008 10:49AM
Guys can stick to jeans...

December 04, 2008 11:10AM
Mac
December 04, 2008 11:25AM
Reminds me of the guy that bought a farm. His new neighbour rocks up as he is fixing the entrance gate. Neighbour tells the guy he's having a braai that night, and since he is new to the area, perhaps he should consider coming over. But he must warn him beforehand that there will be some serious drinking taking place. And after that some swimming in the dam - and not necessarily with clothes on. And then, from his experience, things are likely to turn wild, first in in the dam, then the passages, then the kitchen and maybe the snooker room as well. So if he feels uncomfortable, then perhaps he should not come. "No" says the guy "I'll come. It will be a good opportunity to get to know the people of the district. How many people are you expecting?" "Oh no, its just the two of us mate!"

The punchline perhaps a give-away given the thread topic.
December 04, 2008 11:54AM
LOL!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login