Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brand Love???

Posted by scy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
November 11, 2008 08:07AM
KFC is yummy! I love all junk food tongue sticking out smiley

As for branding, it is all based on experience and preference. I buy on what I prefer and the percieved quality of a product. If a shoe fits well and is comfortable, then I will buy it.

lycium Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as long time amd supporter, i have converted to
> the dark side and am now an intel fan. bought my
> i7 yesterday smiling smiley

Lycium you naughty boy! Specs please? grinning smiley
November 11, 2008 09:57AM
""I love brand X"(Like the mac fanboys do)"

ouch, I feel a knive in my back smiling smiley
November 11, 2008 10:03AM
Was not aimed at you, mac fanboys are just generally a good example for this type of behavior as they are well known to be particularly rabid tongue sticking out smiley

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
November 11, 2008 10:23AM
rklopper Wrote:
> ""I love brand X"(Like the mac fanboys do)"
>
> ouch, I feel a knive in my back smiling smiley

Sorry, you're not rabid enough to be fanboy (boi?) - try again?

smile
Re: Brand Love???
November 11, 2008 10:55AM
Will only buy hitecs. Been wearing the same pair for 8 years now. Wear them all the time and they're still going strong. In fact I'm wearing them now. Last pair I had also lasted ages and I climbed Kilimanjaro in them and they were still 100%. Don't know if they're the best but I like them smile

As for jeans. Stone harbour. Had a couple of pairs of levi's and they ripped within a year. Pathetic. Stone harbour last longer and are a fraction of the price. Don't care if they're not fashionable...

Guess I pretty much choose on personal experience. Am very unforgiving when things go wrong though.

BTW current pet hate is autopage. The worst service on the planet and they charge extra for it!!!!
November 11, 2008 11:46AM
AndrewT Wrote:
> BTW current pet hate is autopage. The worst
> service on the planet and they charge extra for
> it!!!!
Telkom. Everything else comes after.
November 11, 2008 11:59AM
I hate mutual and federal more then anyone else tongue sticking out smiley

--
November 11, 2008 06:19PM
I really don't think all brands are bad. It had to be good to become a well known brand. Even if you don't buy a branded item. If enough people buy the same item that you buy, it may also become a well known brand. Pesonally I prefer Diesel Jeans and when it comes to pc's I would argue in favour of Intel and Nvideasmile
November 12, 2008 08:49AM
Just because enough people buy a brand does not make it necessarily good, well-known yes.
well-known != good
November 12, 2008 08:56AM
just always remember how important a brand is for a company, they would protect it at all costs, which means you have more leverage when there is a dispute.
November 12, 2008 09:24AM

just always remember how important a brand is for a company, they would protect it at all costs, which means you have more leverage when there is a dispute.
Crap.

--
November 12, 2008 09:34AM
thanks for your insightful response smiling smiley
November 12, 2008 09:40AM
"brand" might be important to the company... but I've found that "brand" isn't always that important to the company's employees. I think that is one of the major shortfalls of managers (in general), the emphasise, motivate and create a culture of "brand-proudness" among employees.

It just as if they could care less!
November 12, 2008 03:29PM
You might be right that some empoyees don't care about their brand, but I'm sure the guys at Google are proud of their brand, so I think that if your working conditions are good and the product are really good, not just a known brand, then employees will be more willing to become "brand-proud".
November 14, 2008 09:34AM
microsoft
avatar Re: Brand Love??? More Like Hate Now
November 14, 2008 11:38AM
HP; Won't buy HP ever again!

My notebook PC was sent in for warrantee repair 3 weeks ago. I still do not have it. They have to order a new battery from overseas, since they do not have one available in SA. I was told not to bother phoning them about when I can get the notebook.

Don't they realise that as a developer my notebook equals my income. Just as well my wife has a PC at home she almost never use.

In another week they are going on Hello Peter.
Mac
November 14, 2008 11:47AM
I thought HP stood for Hello Peter....smiling smiley The last three times I helped people out with hardware problems it was HP's. Never anything but Dell.
November 14, 2008 11:52AM
HEy!

your absolutly correct! i have had endless problems with Hp!
Glad i am not the only one!
November 14, 2008 12:27PM
Haha! HP = Hardware Problems!
Anonymous User
November 14, 2008 12:34PM
An HP went down the other day (service sucked!!), we christened it Huge Paperweight
November 14, 2008 12:37PM
Thought HP = Harry Potter??
November 14, 2008 12:56PM
Tazzie Wazzie Wrote:
> your absolutly correct!

Ms/Mrs Wazzie,

I believe you may have intended to write "You are wholly correct" or perhaps, for brevity, "You're quite right"; note the correct (contracted) usage of "you are" and non-usage of the tautological "absolutely" (cf. relatively, or absolut vodka).

Thank you and have a good day grinning smiley

-------
'I don't care anymore what a bunch of atheists (or whatever they want to call themselves) want to believe. Its pointless to try and convince someone of your own belief if all they care about is the bliss of their ignorance.'
'i think both subjectivity and objectivity equals in meaning'
'Hey all you satanists.'
'harsh? sorry, i don't have the basic understanding of such a word.'
'I though zombies were living dead corpses walking around trying to eat young virgin girls'
'But perhaps we just transfer into another dimension. If you lived a good live you transfer into say, the 7th dimension, and if you were bad you transfer into the 6th dimension. And if your state of being is not very well defined you only get to the 5th dimension, being closest to our current 4 dimensions of perception, explaining the whole ghost thing.'
'If I kill a snail, would that be considered as murder, because in a million years that snail might be a human?'
- Randal Flag
November 14, 2008 01:46PM
hey I'm not related to this loser. that was uncalled for.
November 14, 2008 03:17PM
My English is also not as good as it should be....I sometimes wish I was raised English.....Thank god for spell checkers! Although it does not fix everything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login