Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Past year papers?

Posted by Niri 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Past year papers?
September 29, 2008 07:30AM
Hi Guys

Does any one have past year papers for this module that they can forward me?
Email : nirihome@gmail.com

Many Thanks...
October 06, 2008 03:26PM
Hi Niri,

Did you manage to get any past exam papers or some more excersices for this course?
Re: Past year papers?
October 07, 2008 10:11PM
Hi Elize

No i did not as yet. If i do get any i'll let you know.
October 13, 2008 10:11AM
I noticed that the 2006 and 2007 forums are still available. You might want to check out

http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/phorum/read.php?43,44613

http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/phorum/list.php?176
October 13, 2008 12:19PM
Hi there

Thanks for the tip, i'm going to the old forums now to take a look.

Many Thanks,
NIRI
October 13, 2008 12:44PM
At the moment this all comes down to learning what will count the most points. Focus on the theory as well, but I think if you can manage the following it will be a pass:
Activity-on-arrow diagrams (CPM) - critical path, duration
Activity-on-node diagrams (Precedence) - Earliest start, earliest finish, latest start, latest finish
PERT network - Expected value, standard deviation, Z value
Net profit
Return on investment
Payback period
Net present value
COCOMO - effort, duration
IFPUG
Charts - Bar chart and resource histogram, Gantt chart, slip chart, ball charts and time line

Just my prerogative.....
October 13, 2008 01:10PM
Hi Ferdie

Great breakdown...i've been travelling out of the country and business and got back this morning so i've got a long week of studying ahead of me. I'm on leave so i think i'll first concentrate on the non-theory bits and then if i have time go over the theory..i know it's so late...but worth a good shot.

I got the following breakdown from the Wiki site as well :

UNISA WIKI - The exam in 2006
The first question of the exam counted 16 marks and consisted of multiple choice questions which covered chapters 1 to 4.
The second question was based on Chapter 3 (Project Evaluation) in which we were presented with 3 projects and we had to calculate and provide formulas for net profit, shortest payback period, return on investment and net present value and then explain which project we would select based on the above workings.
The next question was based on Chapter 6 (Activity Planning) and basically we had to draw two CPM diagrams (Activity-on-Arrow), we were given a set of tasks, precedents and durations and we had to draw a CPM diagram with no detail in the nodes, list all the paths through the network and the critical path. They then changed the duration of one of the activities and we had to redraw the CPM diagram to accommodate this change and then map out the critical path and also explain what the effect of this change was and if we would accept/authorize this change and why?
The next question dealt with Chapter 4 (Selection of appropriate project approach) and we had to discuss the Waterfall process model under certain headings e.g. main characteristics, advantages, disadvantages, when to use, how it fits with project management, when does it work best and when doesn't it work well.
The next question dealt with Chapter 7 (Risk Management) and we had to explain terms like risk transfer, risk avoidance, risk reduction and mitigation and risk avoidance.
The last question counted 14 marks and was based on Chapter 8 (Resource Allocation); we had to compute the total cost of a project which consisted of calculating the overhead costs and the cost of the individual team members of the project team in days.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login