Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Re: So ...... thoughs on the exam ?
October 20, 2008 09:28AM
that is so not correct. Those are 2 empty tags, empty tag2 is nested within empty tag1. Or do I have my xml mixed up?
October 20, 2008 09:30AM
"
<tag1><tag2></tag2></tag1>

becomes:

tag1
tag2
"

yes, but the last tag:
<include src="blahblah.blah"/>

wouldn't print:
include

instead, the QXmlSimpleReader would die because it can't parse self-terminated elements. That's with Qt 4.4.3 though, i haven't tested on the old version UNISA ship on their 2008 disk.
October 20, 2008 09:35AM
Yeah, qName refers to the name of the tag as far as I can remember, whereas the character() method is the one that gets called to process the "contained" data.
avatar Re: So ...... thoughs on the exam ?
October 20, 2008 10:13AM
I did this for a sample document: <exam>This was not an easy exam</exam>

The output I printed was "This was not an easy exam". I knew the answer was to output the tag like "exam" but for some weired reason my intuition told me otherwise.

Anyways guys, don't stress about this exam. Lets move on and hope we all passed with flying colours smile
October 20, 2008 11:55AM
Shauntir's right... this is just depressing me ;[
Anonymous User
October 20, 2008 03:59PM
I think the exam was fair but a bit sneaky.those who crammed last yr's paper must have got their butts whipped(by the exam). pls let us now when u get the results, especially if u passed.

I feel that I did my best and deserve to pass this module, but for now I leave things in the holy hands of God.

May God bless our lecturers and those who will be marking our papers. pls show mercy.

now everyboby say Amen.
October 20, 2008 09:22PM
What the ... last time I checked, God didn't know C++.

Not that I'm being blasphemous but only knowledge and understanding gets you through an exam, not hope and a prayer.
avatar Re: So ...... thoughs on the exam ?
October 20, 2008 10:24PM
But, hope & prayer might help keeping the examinator in a good mood and give you that one point you shouldn't deserve, but which would let you get a supp or pass or a distinction. For some of us (me), that is enough reason to put in an extra good word.
October 21, 2008 10:52AM
LOL
October 21, 2008 10:57AM
Praying is kind of like cheating, if you believe in it.
October 21, 2008 02:40PM
Even if you don't believe in it, it can't do any harm. I need whatever help I can get at this point.
October 21, 2008 05:14PM
as for me the exam was not so bad, i only blame myself for not being good with implementing code
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login