Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 2 Issue

Announcements Last Post
Announcement : Programming Students at UNISA School of Computing 06/19/2019 02:01PM
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 2 Issue
July 15, 2006 11:19AM
I have received back Assignment 2 where I have drawn everything up in Visio. Have any had this problem when receiving back the assignment that all pictures drawn up in Visio print as garbage? This caused that Question 3 was not marked.

This has happen before with IN206 last year and again with INF303 this year, What version of Office does the lectures use ? This is truly a problem!!, I have tried to mail an lecture but on the email page on my.unisa I got this interesting message

""E-mail correspondence with lecturer not currently available""

Could a lecture please contact me in order to resolve this issue?

Re: Assignment 2 Issue
July 15, 2006 05:58PM
What I do is copy the Visio diagram to paint, save the file as a jpg and insert the jpg into my Word document. It reduces the size and ensures that anyone can see your diagrams.

July 16, 2006 03:23PM
You can also change the "Save as type" in Visio when saving the document and change it to JPEG. You then get a dialog where you can set things like quality and resolution which can dramatically reduce the image size. Also, try getting your hands on a freeware PDF converter to convert your Office documents then you'll have no problems with them opening the files so long as they're Acrobat Reader compatible. For example, have a look at http://www.cib.de/english/products/pdf/cibpdfplugin.htm or alternatively just google "Freeware PDF Microsoft Office".
July 17, 2006 03:59PM
Or print your final assignment to PDF
July 17, 2006 11:51PM
Hey Cornel

Don't bother with myUNISA for any communication with lecturers or fellow students - stick with Osprey.

If you want to contact the lecturers, use the module email address shown in the right-hand column of the Osprey students page. The addy for this module is:

COS211@osprey.unisa.ac.za

I've contacted lecturers before via these e-mail addies and the response is VERY good. You might even get a response the same day, who knows?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login