Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 2 results

Posted by stevenv 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement : Programming Students at UNISA School of Computing 06/19/2019 02:01PM
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Assignment 2 results
August 01, 2006 10:55AM
I have now got my results back. Did VERY badly. 31 credits.
Got 41 for my first assignment! Are things going downhill?
August 01, 2006 08:36PM
Hopefully we will have Assignment 2 marked before the exams! I wonder how they will determine who qualifies to sit the exam???? If assignment 2 which we did in May is yet to be marked 3 months later, means Assignment 4 will marked sometime in November!
August 02, 2006 06:59AM
I looked at maximum available credits. It was 50 for each assignment, so actually I did ok. 39 and 41 out of 50. Thought it was a percentage.

If all assignments are not marked and returned before exams, would this mean that section is not included in the exams?
August 03, 2006 01:59PM
Got mine back - no 2 & 3 below 25/50 - not good news at all. Hope they mark the last assignment, else I can not write exams.
August 03, 2006 02:23PM
Am wondering if I really did that bad or if it was a rushed job from them. Would probably never know.
Need 7/50 for Ass 4 to write exam.
This is an example where on time feedback could have helped.
Sigh.
Reanie
August 03, 2006 08:12PM
I had 37 credits for assignment 1 and did not submit assignment 2. Numbers 3 & 4 I submitted but still no word of the results. Don't know what to do as I need 63 credits but have no idea of how good or bad I did. sad smiley
August 03, 2006 09:16PM
Shauntir Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had 37 credits for assignment 1 and did not
> submit assignment 2. Numbers 3 & 4 I submitted
> but still no word of the results. Don't know what
> to do as I need 63 credits but have no idea of how
> good or bad I did.

I see your 63 and raise you 15... yep, I need 78 from the last two assignments which I rushed through due to the company I work for, being in a roll out phase of its software to our German client. I really, REALLY, hope there will be an additional/voluntary assignment available that will allow us to make up some much needed credits. sad smiley
August 04, 2006 07:32AM
This subject is a prerequisite for 3 of my 3rd year subjects planned for next year. So, besides hoping for exam qualification, I also would need to do extra work to be able to pass the exam. I didn't do C++ at 1st year level - got exemption due to previous study - and are struggling a bit.
Reanie
August 04, 2006 12:06PM
Just got my 2 back and am in shock! I had 41 credits for 1st one and now this one I get a mere 14!!!! Inversion or what??? And I get this after I have submitted my 3 and 4 hence I can not make any improvements on them to guarantee me exam admission! If I don't get that exam admission, I will definitely be looking for someone to crucify for not letting me know in due time how badly I was doing in the assigments angry smiley sad smiley angry smiley
August 07, 2006 09:38AM
Seems as if you've got the same problem as I do although I need a bit less to get to the exam.
I do hope the lecturers would take this year's marking problems in consideration for the "borderliners".
Reanie
August 07, 2006 04:44PM
Please tell me, ??? !!! ???

How will I be able to know whether I should start preparing for this, there are 2 months left before examination, I am not trying to be funny but I could start preparing for this or I can waist my time where I could have giving my other subjects more attention, and in the same sentence, starting with the other and getting enough credits for this one a month before examination again will though things around.

This is by far the worst correspondence from Unisa since I started in 2002
August 07, 2006 07:21PM
Seems like all of us are in the same boat sad smiley
I'm terrified about not getting exam admission...studying with a loan that has to be paid back after next year...which means I have to finish my degree next year...which will not happen if I don't get admission for this subject.
Help!
August 14, 2006 03:41PM
Cornel@ipdimension.net Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please tell me, ??? !!! ???
>
> How will I be able to know whether I should start
> preparing for this, there are 2 months left before
> examination, I am not trying to be funny but I
> could start preparing for this or I can waist my
> time where I could have giving my other subjects
> more attention, and in the same sentence,
> starting with the other and getting enough credits
> for this one a month before examination again will
> though things around.
>
> This is by far the worst correspondence from Unisa
> since I started in 2002
>

Agreed. I'm in the exact same boat as you. I did however, contact Unisa regarding exam admission and I was told that if all four assignments were handed in, it would be "highly likely" that I'd gain admission, regardless of the amount of credits I had accumulated... I still don't feel comfortable not actually/officially knowing!
August 19, 2006 10:38AM
Oh Why can't they just hurry up!
With the exam admission that is...I'd really like to know now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login