Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pencil

Posted by kiolb 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
October 23, 2008 09:05AM
Is writing answers in pencil permitted in the exam?

Thanks
B
Re: pencil
October 23, 2008 09:49AM
http://www.unisa.ac.za/Default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=16878

"
Warning

Answer books that contain illegible writing will not be marked, and no points will be awarded for illegible answers or for answers written in pencil. ...
"

Those are exam procedures for the centre of business management, but I wouldn't write in pencil. You are allowed to do rough work in the answer book, just mark it as such
October 23, 2008 09:57AM
Thanks. OK. Probably safer not to use pencil.
Some modules say pencil is allowed, even though the answer book says no.
October 23, 2008 12:04PM
What i've just discovered works very well when drawing FA/TG/Moore/Mealy is a CD =)
the inner hole is a nice size for the states and the outer edge draws nice directed edges.

there we go, an easy stencil for neat diagrams. just make sure it has no information on which could be considered as "cryp notes" (sp?)
October 24, 2008 08:44AM
Hi Guys,

I just want to state that about 95% of the 27 papers I wrote at Unisa I wrote in pencil. I never had a problem with it and the markers also didn't have a problem.

This year I only used pen. Since I usually erase all the unwanted stuff from the exam book I only used pencil in the past. I saw something this year and previous years that I only realized this year could help me gain marks. I did mention could, not that I think it would. Maybe they want to give you marks for your effort. This is just a guesssssss.....

Remember. In real life situations you have time to do multiple solutions until you get the best working one. In the exam they want to test your ability to interpret the question and they want to see how you got to the solution. Don't know why because they don't have time when marking the papers. Maybe they will give you marks for effort, I don't know. I hope they do for this module since it is the only way that you could get to some of the solutions. I think....

Hope this help, I just thought I would share my point of view on this topic.

Best for the rest of your papers,

Gert.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login