Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shopping cart

Posted by Christopher 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Shopping cart
June 12, 2008 01:30PM
Hi

Im busy with a site and was wondering if any of you know how i can add a shopping cart to my website. I have already created the the db and pages to view and upload the products but am not sure on how payment would work. If anyone has an idea, i would appreciate the input.
Re: Shopping cart
June 12, 2008 08:36PM
Hi.

Well there 2 main options you can use. Once the user has requested all the products he is sent the total purchases as well as banking details by email. An email is sent to you as well stating that he has made a purchase. etc.

You could use a credit card gateway. I have never actually used 1 or made a website with it. Here is a south african website you can check out.

http://www.mygate.co.za/

Developers page:
http://www.mygate.co.za/Payment_Gateway.cfm?content=1453&ParentID=1453&navitem=2990

Check it out or you could search google for credit card gateways.

Hope it helps.
Mac
June 17, 2008 07:37AM
Do our ecommerce course smiling smiley
June 17, 2008 09:43AM
Hi

Managed to get it going, and it works well. Using NetCash as my gateway, they are quite helpful and their prices aren't too bad. I also gave the client the option to make a bank transfer.

Now that the course is finished, think that it is important to practice and write as much code as possible. There is so much that can be done with PHP. Got a few projects lined up, once im finished with the shopping cart, I need to design a online booking system for a bead and breakfast.

Thanks for all the help.
June 17, 2008 02:48PM
Hi.

Thats good ill have a looka t them as well. Never know when might need to use them. Yeah alot can be done and the best way to be good and become more advanced at php is to code alot.

I designed a site for a guesthouse recently but they didn't want a booking system. Only a guestbook lol..

Good luck with the projects and enjoy.smile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login