Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Left handed / Right handed census

Posted by Tracey 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Left handed / Right handed census
May 16, 2007 09:21AM
I think its okay to say that programmers are generally logical.
I want to see if the way we think has got anything to do with what hand we use to write with.

Please post if you're left or right handed.
Re: Left handed / Right handed census
May 16, 2007 09:22AM
left
avatar Re: Left handed / Right handed census
May 16, 2007 09:22AM
Right
May 16, 2007 09:27AM
right - i'm always right...
May 16, 2007 09:28AM
Who says I write anything? tongue sticking out smiley Real programmers don't use paper anymore smiling smiley

Right I guess, not that you will be able to read it..

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
May 16, 2007 09:47AM
Write with the right hand, but hold knife in the left and fork in the right. The way I figured it, the fork is more important than the knife as it brings food to the mounth, so I use my "best" hand for that.
Can't write *neat* with the left hand, but can play tennis with the racket in both hands...
My dad was the same way and my mom in reverse...
May 16, 2007 09:49AM
likewise, i write with my right hand but eat left handed...my sister and dad both eat like that and are both right handed...
May 16, 2007 09:52AM
I eat left handed and right handed...and can switch mid meal. *applause in the background* smile
May 16, 2007 09:54AM
I do the same Reanie. Although I usually take it one step further and don't even use the knife for most things..
You would be surprised what the "blunt" edge of a fork can cut through smiling smiley

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
Anonymous User
May 16, 2007 10:58AM
eat left, write right, play pool left
May 16, 2007 11:03AM
can do almost anything with both (from years of juggling), altho my handwriting is quite sloppy with the left. used to be only right handed.
May 16, 2007 11:49AM
right every time!
May 16, 2007 12:10PM
Right handed but can improvise a little sometimes
May 16, 2007 12:44PM
right handed, but surely because that is a majority anyway it would be difficult to say anything about whether it is a majority specifically for programmers? Although looking at this thread so far I guess we should add a category "ambidextrous" and another "parly amidextrous" and so on... :-p
May 16, 2007 04:00PM
right hands: 9

left hands: 1

ambidextrous: 1 (if you write with your right hand but do other things with your left, then I counted you as right handed)

my theory has gone out the window but as someone said, there are more right handed people.
Anonymous User
May 16, 2007 05:10PM
For the most part the dominant hand has more to do with which side of the brain controls coordination than intelligence. I think with right-handed people its the left and vice-versa (it's been a while since i've studied these things).
May 16, 2007 07:58PM
Predominantly left handed - however due to the influence of older siblings, I do most things with the right hand as well (except write).
May 16, 2007 10:52PM
right handed
May 21, 2007 02:24PM
Right-handed. except for when im being smooth on some1. then it really dont matter the hand, just the skill. eat right-handed. beat up people with both hands and feet and ya...im RIGHT!smoking smiley
May 21, 2007 05:36PM
Right

Tracy, research has already been done on this and there seems to be no correlation between sex, race, occupation, class, or geographic location. The ratio seems fairly constant at around 90:10 (right:left), as you can see right in this topic as well.
May 21, 2007 06:22PM
Right
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login