Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

QT4 ON WINDOWS XP

Posted by Xcalibur 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
QT4 ON WINDOWS XP
March 14, 2007 02:20PM
Can get this QIde to open pliz help.

I have done everything by the Disk2007 CD but still the IDE wont even open. I use XP. Anyone ran into some thing like like that pliz help.

And cud anybody e-mail me the prescribed e-book on pdf format.
March 14, 2007 03:01PM
try uninstalling everything (QIde, Qt, DevC++ and MinGW) and start everything all over again from scratch. That's how I got mine to work.
Re: QT4 ON WINDOWS XP
March 14, 2007 03:10PM
I did uninstall everything and tried it again but got the same problem. Anyway thanx I will try that again.

What was your problem?
March 14, 2007 06:32PM
I am running it on XP as well. I only ran the make twice. The first time I got a lot of errors but the second time it went through fine.

What did you do and what is the current state of your qide.
Are u using the bat file to open it.
March 16, 2007 09:16AM
Yes I am using the bat file, but it still wont open. What else cud I do I need to start working. And I even tried to open it with the file with no success.
March 16, 2007 09:23AM
First I installed everything according to the Disk2007 CD. I build the Debug libraries successfully. I did copy the .bat file and Ctags to the right directory according to the disk2007.

But when I try to open QIde using the shortcut or the .bat file it gives me this Windows error " QIde has encountered problems and needs to close". Even the demos, execirses and assistant dont open.

What is wrong and how do I fix this monster.
March 16, 2007 11:59AM
What happens if you use qmake and then make on a valid source file. Does that work?
March 26, 2007 11:18PM
Don't use the .bat file supplied. Try these steps:

1.Build the debug libraries
2.Click on "Qt 4.1.1 Command Prompt" from the Qt program group in your Start
Menu. At the prompt type configure.
3.Make sure the following are present in your PATH :
C:\unisa\mingw\bin
C:\Qt\4.1.1\bin
(N.B.: if you installed MinGW and Qt in other directories - adjust the above
accordingly)
4.Next check that the following SYSTEM VARIABLES are present:
QTDIR C:\Qt\4.1.1\bin
QMAKESPEC win32-g++
5.Use make to build QIde.

Most of these tasks suck on Windows cos' these are traditionally Unix based. I
would recommend using a MSYS/Cygwin environment- they are very useful!

Regards
March 26, 2007 11:50PM
I got all those via the setup as explained in the tut letters and on the COS disk.

There's a bit of an ommision in the instructions. The instructions on the disk indicate 5 main steps: install MinGW, install DevC++, install Qt4, Install QIde and then install Ezust utils.

Don't follow the instructions on the disk, under COS311, for installing MinGW, use the instructions under COS112 instead. Then follow the instructions for DevC++, Qt4 and QIde. Lastly, ignore the installation instructions for the Ezust utils on the disk. Rather follow the instructions in tut letter102.

Don't use any downloaded Qt4, use the one on the disk and only that one. Don't install to any other directory other than the defaults.

If you have any other problems, uninstall everything (QIde, Qt4, DevC++ and MinGW) and start all over again. Don't skip steps and don't rush.
April 18, 2007 01:44PM
Hi Guyz

I'm still struggling with my QT4 on Windows XP,everything went smoothly until 'Make the file' step,it doesn't wanna make.I got the following errors:Error from DevC++

Building Makefile: "C:\cos311\hello\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
gmake.exe -f "C:\cos311\hello\Makefile.win" all
Execution terminated

Error from Dos:
mingw32-make[1]:***[debug\hello.0] Error1

Pls help me guyz
April 18, 2007 04:18PM
You should be using QIde not DevC++ as DevC++ won't work with QT (you probably could but I wouldn't want to try).

Make sure you follow the steps as stated, the point is not to use the IDE to compile the code but to do it from the command line so that you can see what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login