Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Delphi in window vista
May 28, 2007 09:41AM
Hi

anyone how do I use delphi in window vista please?
Re: Delphi in window vista
May 29, 2007 11:44AM
Vista’s default security settings will prevent Delphi 2005 from working properly. Before attempting to start the IDE change security permissions by granting full permissions to Everyone or at least your Windows User Account on C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\3.0\Bin. Delphi writes to this directory. The default Vista security permissions on folders under C:\Program Files prevents this. Changing the security permissions overcomes the problem.

After Delphi is installed, right click on the Delphi shortcut in the menu. Select properties. Goto the compatibility tab. Near the bottom under Privilege Level, tick Run this program as an administrator. Any Delphi shortcut you set up should be configured like this in order for the Delphi IDE to have permissions on it’s on folders and in order to be able to run application from within the IDE.
Anonymous User
May 29, 2007 03:08PM
Thanks to you I did and it worked. Thanks very much
Anonymous User
May 29, 2007 04:06PM
Before I forget I also have problems running C++ it is not showing on vista any help on this one?smileys with beer
May 29, 2007 04:57PM
MinGW is broken under Vista. If you REALLY want to get it to work, search google for tips on how to get it to work, otherwise you could use Microsoft Visual C++ Express 2005. It's downloadable for free from Microsoft.
May 29, 2007 06:11PM
I use the Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 on Vista, and it works fine.
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/dev-cpp/devcpp-4.9.9.2_setup.exe

Or if you have COS112-V you get Borland C++Builder 6 Personal with the prescribed book,
just need to register and get the key,

Or use Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
just register at Microsoft and get the key.
smiling smiley
Anonymous User
May 29, 2007 10:05PM
I got a book with a cd, but was thinking i can just install the one on the cd from Unisa. mean can't it work?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login