Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Submit?

Posted by Jaycee 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Submit?
August 19, 2006 11:36AM
TvD

I'm busy with Lesson 8 and I tried to test my form by e-mailing the data to myself.

Interesting dilemma though: Outlook is the default emailer, but my current ISP only provides online email (It's the VERY bottom of the range. I'm on the scout for a new one with an Adsl connection).

Is there any way a programmer can address this issue?

JC
TvD
Re: Submit?
August 19, 2006 06:16PM
mmm I do not have the Masterskill book with me - I will have a look next week and let you know..
TvD
August 19, 2006 06:53PM
ok I still do not have the book but I assume you are speaking about e <form action="mailto: etc...............>

There may be a JavaScript solution (maybe something like on this site:http://www.irt.org/articles/script6.htm) but I remember at one stage you could configure outlook (express) to use a hotmail email account - i.e. it will then popup outlook but at least you will be able to send the email.

Generally client-side form+email is inconvenient and poor security and mailto forms are dependant upon the Web browser your customer uses, the email client (which may not exist as in your case), and the operating system. They don't always work - the best is to use server-side cgi-scripts such as php which is unfortunately not part of the course.

August 22, 2006 08:48AM
Thanx

Does Unisa offer a course that does (Advanced Internet Design or something) that does address this?

Not being able to do it means one is limited to the basic Html commands.

JC
TvD
August 22, 2006 01:18PM
yes the php course
see cs-cert.unisa.ac.za
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login