Registered: 13 years ago
The internet trend is mostly positive on the community and worldwide. It opens door especially to people whole live in rural areas.
Some of the trends:
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ more people using ASDL -broadband - and they access the internet more often than people with normal landline modems - dialing in is out - 24/7 access is in!
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ wireless connection will take over Ã¢â‚¬â€œ wi-fi, cellphone providers, bluetooth
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ more online shopping
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ concerns about privacy and security
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ internet users use the internet as their main source of information.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Bussines is not location restricted anymore
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Voice over internet - like Skype
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ chat rooms and webcams (see the person you are communicating with)
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ webcam sites showing whatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s going on at waterholes in game reserves
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to leave your house anymore to be socially active anymore
- Wireless access in coffee shops & restaurants. E.g. Starbucks
- Learning centers with internet access in rural areas.
- Chat room security is a concern.
- Interactive websites are increasing
- Broadband download speed is a lot faster than normal landline modems.